Re: Few Questions

Bac's guides suck
The n64(NTSC one, at least) had 11 board types released and each one was slightly different. Some are easier to work with/trim down than others. You can use a 3rd party analog and use the same guide as using a gamecube analog on one of them.
RCP is the Reality Co-Processor of the n64, but most people refer RCP as RCP wiring, removing the cart slot area from the board and wiring the cartridge slot straight to the RCP/CPU/PIF chips on the n64's motherboard. (Makes the mobo smaller)

I would personally look for information around the N64 board of ModRetro. The information is much more recent, and can be verified by the modding community here.

If you can't figure something out, just ask. Most people are nice enough to answer.

mako321 said:
Bac's guides suck
The n64(NTSC one, at least) had 11 board types released and each one was slightly different. Some are easier to work with/trim down than others. You can use a 3rd party analog and use the same guide as using a gamecube analog on one of them.
RCP is the Reality Co-Processor of the n64, but most people refer RCP as RCP wiring, removing the cart slot area from the board and wiring the cartridge slot straight to the RCP/CPU/PIF chips on the n64's motherboard. (Makes the mobo smaller)

I thought there were only 9 revisions :/

bacs guides are good for BASIC knowledge on the n64 but i would research more places for info and yes some of his stuff is wrong

ToastBucket said:
mako321 said:
Bac's guides suck

I thought there were only 9 revisions :/
you're forgetting rev. 8-1 and rev. 5-1.

Back