xbox softmod (trouble)

Discussion in 'Xbox' started by notsosleepy, Jun 3, 2014.

1. notsosleepy

notsosleepy Member

Hi guys i hve a few xbox consoles lying around and i recently decided instead of getting my retro consoles out every time i want to play some mario or metroid i would use an emulator .seeing as i want to play said emulator on my tv i decided to softmod one of my xboxes to do the job

ok so i added a usb port to the console and used explorer 360 to put the mech assault save eploit on the hard drive trouble is when i click run linux through the game menu i get the your xbox needs servicing error

the game is the correct version
    im using a psp as the memory device (xbox scene suggests this)
    ime using ndure

no dice also i get a red flashing ring

the console works perfectly normaly otherwise

2. ttsgeb

ttsgeb Breaker of Everything Staff Member

Have you tried deleting the save file from the xbox and re-copying it?
    Also, are you sure it's a virgin box?

3. notsosleepy

notsosleepy Member

Hi i have not tried deleting the save file and trying again
    also i have no idea if this xbox has ever been hacked i get ninety percent of my consoles from family who who work in the scrap metal business so i have zero information about there history i just clean them up and sometimes i have to fix them

4. notsosleepy

notsosleepy Member

Hi sooooo i tried to delete the gamesave and try again but still no dice i also tried sid4 and it still doesnt work
    it just goes straight to your xbox needs servicing and the power led goes red
    im using the mech assault game save exploit and i deffinatly have the correct version of the game

im starting to consider the hotswap method again i hate this method but at least iv used it before

5. ttsgeb

ttsgeb Breaker of Everything Staff Member

I've got a known working softmod save I could put on a memcard for you. PM if you want to discuss that.

Also, any signs that it was opened up before it got to ya?