WTS: Trimmed and Top loading Wii DVD drives x2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashen

GameCube Révolutionary
So yea, I had planned on using these in some portables but have now decided instead to see if anyone else would want them first. Asking price is 45$ for each unit + shipping costs. If you plan on using for a GCp I can even wire up the drives directly to the pads and label the pins for you to make things easier for you. The 12v line on these drives is confirmed working as low as 7.4v so they are still great for GCp's or Wiip's. Both drives are brand new Wii D3S revision drives (with the small daughter board). Top loading spindles already installed. Pics below were taken before I had installed the spindles though.

I also have 2 sundrivers I will part with for 20$ each + Shipping

DSCN0563.jpg

DSCN0564.jpg

DSCN0566.jpg

Yes, I still have both drives. They are both still for sale. Sundrivers are both gone.

How did you install the top loading spindle? Can i just dremel the lower half of the Gamecube Spindle down and Glue it on?

Ashen hasn't been here for approximately six months. This thread hasn't been active for approximately six years. What a coincidence.

Having said that, if you find out, I'd like to know too, so shoot me a PM in that case.

Locked.

Pull the spindle off of a GC and off of the Wii drive, then press the GC spindle onto the Wii. Then spend way too long adjusting placement so that the laser is in focus and everything works properly.
It's a royal pain. I spent probably 4 hours converting an xbox drive to top load at MRTN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back