wiring vga on nintendo wii

Discussion in 'Wii' started by Fiskers1208, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Noah

Noah Frequent Poster

[​IMG]

Ryan M. and Spencer like this.
  2. Shank

Shank Formerly Known As Dyxlesci

Are you not reading what people are saying? GC video can work on the Wii, but it requires different firmware. The official code for the Wii doesn't support VGA, so a custom build was made that is not publicly available, and nobody sells it yet. Mega's options won't support VGA for wii, and even if they did, they aren't available for sale yet. GC video is compatible, and can work with wii, but again, no options are available for vga on wii yet.

No hardware is available yet

Even if you got a hold hardware you can't use it on the wii because it requires custom software and
    The custom software isn't available yet

Also, even if a Wii compatible GC video was available for sale, you should not buy it because you would be wasting your money. You currently do not have the knowledge and skill set required to get it to work. It requires soldering to a bunch of tiny vias, and more importantly, reading and following instructions. Finish a functioning portable with basic features like composite, and maybe people might take you seriously.

Spencer likes this.
  3. Prog

Prog Not a Meme™ Staff Member

A good moderator would lock this.
    I am not a good moderator.

[​IMG]

4. The_Next_Guy

The_Next_Guy Active Member

Why though, it seems as if this is the only way you learn, by being yelled at. I feel bad for @Shank and @Noah for having to deal with your flax but it seems they care enough for you not to waste a Wii in the process. If they didn't they would just leave it alone... perhaps it's for the better if you fully read a post, decide what the main point is, cross reference the post with your current knowledge, update your memory to correct mistakes with the information given, then post any clarifying questions rather than arguing. You are gonna get bashed left and right where ever you post so locking this thread will not help much, just saying.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fiskers1208 likes this.
  5. Prog

Prog Not a Meme™ Staff Member

Yeah. I said that. But I'm not getting up until I run out of popcorn.

Ryan M. and The_Next_Guy like this.