Wireless power switch?

Crazy Inventor

So I feel a little dumb having to ask this (but there's no such thing as a stupid question right?) So my friends and I are really closely knit and we've been trying to decided a coordinated cap decoration and the only thing we've come up with so far involves turning on leds on our caps. I know it kinda makes no sense; but all but two of us are going to different schools in the fall and the idea was our caps would say something along the lines of "No matter where we are, we're always together," (kinda tacky, but we found it heartfelt), and whenever one of us pushed a button, all of the leds would light up.

Anyways, I can't come up with a way to turn on the leds wirelessly. We all have very different last names, so wires are out of the question. The only sort of guide I found was wireless induction, but it's only good for really close ranges. I'm completely stumped on how to do this, so really any advice would be great.

I wouldn't know much about that but as long as you're not too far away a powerful radio transmitter could transmit the correct signal. I don't know what you'd do with it after it's received.

I'm not entirely sure what it is you are looking to do. Is the issue that you don't want wires for your LEDs, or you just want to turn the cap lights on remotely? If the former, I'd recommend you find an alternative. If the latter, how remote are we talking?

Ha no, the issue isn't wanting to wire the leds. It's a little hard to explain, but I kinda want it to be like a remote control. You press a button, and the signal that was sent then turns on the leds within a certain range.

Crazy Inventor said:
Ha no, the issue isn't wanting to wire the leds. It's a little hard to explain, but I kinda want it to be like a remote control. You press a button, and the signal that was sent then turns on the leds within a certain range.
I figured as much. So you do have a limited range in mind? What kind of range are you looking at?

Back