WiiMote Detonator

FierceDeity

Ok, I'm new here. This is my first post so yeah. Anyways, I wasn't going to make an account until I finished my first N64p, but its taking too long because I'm having some trouble with my paint, but whatever, thats off topic.

So basically I took the wires from where the rumble motor is in a wiimote(3 volts) and hooked up a relay with a 9volt battery connected up to a plug to where I can plug in and extension cord that leads to a model rocket engine igniter, or few strands of steel wool. I have a set of 7 slider switches an for a code of up or down, plus one bigger one as safety(overkill I know). I active it using my phone (android ftw!) with an app that can make a wiimote rumble remotely. The app is called Wiicontrollerdemo.I put it in a clear tube to protect it, and wires come out of the tube to the pack of explosives(gunpowder, gasoline, Potassium nitrate+Sugar). I haven't actually blown anything up yet because I cant find anywhere to buy gunpowder. Does anybody know where? I live in the U.S. and I know you can buy it. And no I am not a terrorist.

Pics:

The Tact at the top is for syncing the the Wii(in this case my phone)
detonator3.jpg

The 2 AA's for the Wiimote are taped in so they don't fall out
detonator2.jpg

Wires coming out that I will add a 3-4 foot extension and then an igniter
detonator1.jpg

The range in pretty far, around 100 feet I think, though i have not tested it fully. If someone knows a cheap Bluetooth device that i can do the same type of thing too, it would be awesome because then i wouldn't have to protect it from and explosion.

Edit: I'm not sure if this belongs here or in finished projects, because it's not exactly finished since I have to make the actual igniter/explosives, but this part of it is done.

Seems like a rather complex workaround, but it works, so whatever. As for where to buy gunpowder, any sporting goods store worth its salt should have it. (none of this "big 5" bullflax) If you just want the most bang for your buck, Alliant powder's 2400 is a good choice. fast burning, smokeless, powerful. If you want cheaper, Bullseye is good too. And, for a lovely plume of smoke, straight up black powder is the best (short of some KNO3, mixed with some confectioners sugar and baking soda, in the right quantities, of course, and cooked correctly. But that will get you just smoke, no boom, per se)

Oh yeah, for a cheap bluetooth device, BlueSmirf could do it, but you would need some programming skills.

Why am I not surprised you know where to buy gunpowder and what it burns like?

Seriously though, this looks pretty terrorist, but also pretty options. I can see more legit uses for it, such as setting off fireworks or launching model rockets.

Yeah, I could set off model rockets, but I'd rather set stuff on fire, or blow stuff up. Potassium Nitrate(KNO3 right?) and sugar is one of the things that i was planning on using, because I don't really need power, it's more because it looks cool and since I live out in the country, I could use it for a prank on someone walking through the woods. Ill look at BlueSmirf but programming is something that I suck at (Although I'm trying to get better). That's why I used a wiimote, because I have the perfect app on my phone for it. Also I forgot to add, the 7 slider switches aren't really, safety, they are so that my nobody (that doesn't know about electronics) can use it against me(like my friends).

In the US, yeah. In Canada, you can't buy it anywhere (maybe with a special license). It's very difficult to even get KNO3. It is fairly easy to get fireworks around Halloween though.

I still love this, though. An unusual, yet elegant mod.

Why does gunpowder seem so bad? Theres thousands of ways to make bombs, and gunpowder is dead useful for a Heck of a lot more than just that. Anyway, If I was going to make a bomb, I would be much more tempted to make my own plastique.

Sounds like you just want fun, not real damage. Ever seen people who detonate powdered non-dairy creamer? Big flames.

Back