Wii works fine, but has no green Led light?

I asked this in my progress thread, but wasn't sure if anyone would see it there.

The wii I'm working on works fine, power up, as far as I can tell everything is good. But the led doesn't then green when it is on. It has the red light when it is off, but when I power it on, the led just turns off.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

I've had that happen a lot under multiple circumstances. I don't really know what causes it, but it's no cause for concern unless you really need that LED. If you need to, you can wire an LED to the 3.3v or 5v line to indicate when the console is on.

Thanks, that's good to know. If I wire it to the 5v, where should I run the negative wire? should I just use the negative wire for the Wii power cord? Also if I do that, it will stay on even if the system is off (when the system would normally have a red led) right?

You should use ground from anywhere on the board. It's all the same, including the negative wire of the power cable. You would need a resistor between the LED and 5v or ground. The value of the resistor depends on the LED you're using and can be calculated. The only voltages that are present when the Wii is off are 3.3v and 12v. When you turn it on, 5v, 1v, 1.15v, and a different 3.3v are turned on.

You should use ground from anywhere on the board. It's all the same, including the negative wire of the power cable. You would need a resistor between the LED and 5v or ground. The value of the resistor depends on the LED you're using and can be calculated. The only voltages that are present when the Wii is off are 3.3v and 12v. When you turn it on, 5v, 1v, 1.15v, and a different 3.3v are turned on.

Great to know, thanks for all the info!

Back