Wii U Pro controller buttons/Wii U gamepad buttons

naimlessone

Hey peeps!

I was just wondering if anyone knew of the compatibility of Wii U pro controllers:
Wii-U-Pro-Controller.png

with those of the Wii U Gamepad:
gamepad-front-black.jpg

I know by looking at pics that the shoulder/trigger buttons are significantly different, but the others look identical, and am hoping that someone would know if the face buttons from the pro controller match up with the gamepad ones. Reason is that I have some Wii U gamepad shells (just shells and nothing else) that I plan on making frankencasing and am hoping on reusing the same layout of the buttons without needing to change the holes at all. I'd rather know now if they are the same than get a couple $30-40 controllers to strip and find out they don't match. Trying to save some money there lol.

If anyone knows Please post!

Thanks!

Once again Supersonic, you come to my rescue! That's exactly what I needed! and just made this portable much easier to construct now lol

Thank you!

I have a 3rd party pro controller coming in within the next day or so that I will be tearing down to find out the compatibility of with that of the Gamepad. I'll report back when I find out!

Sadly, the 3rd party controller face buttons, while looking identical to the 1st party Nintendo pro controllers, do not line up with the slots of the official Wii U gamepad slots. I knew the shoulder/trigger buttons wouldn't, but the ABXY buttons are all of just a little bit, as well as the analog sticks; ever so slightly off. The buttons to fit into the holes, but the small pieces that keep them in the correct orientation are all off.

I'm probably not going to spend the extra now to get an actual Officially licensed Nintendo pro controller, but at least we all know that the 3rd parties don't. I had hoped they would, but I didn't really get my expectations up.

For the real ones, you're better off getting some on eBay here as SuperSonic said:

white:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/171656708342?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

Black:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Button-Se ... 8342&rt=nc

Back