Wii U/gamecube controller mod

So I know that noone else on this forum has attempted (or at least documented) a wii u mod. Well, with the advent of the new smash bros on wii u, i decided that it would be cool to have a gamecube controller for the wii u. With that idea in mind, I purchased a wireless wii u controller, and i am going to do a case transplant with a GameCube controller
2qcfdxe.jpg

Heres the wireless controller
miea08.jpg

It fits in a wavebird case!
33w1w2c.jpg

I relocated some of the parts on the board.

Other than that, its coming along pretty well. Its not going to fit in the case the way it is. Does anyone know how to make a spacer or something for the controller? Any help would be appreciated.

Isn't that controller a CCP+Wiimote bundled together? At least I remember hearing something like that.

It is exactly that. It has an infrared sensor at the top, so it can actually act as a wiimote. It has switches on the back to control things too. One other problem is the double single-button triggers on each side. Im thinking about using another z button on the left side as well

That's actually pretty cool since it'll also work in Wii mode then. I imagine it'll come in really handy when they finally get GC games running on the Wii U's Wii mode.

That controller is pretty sexy and I love this idea. because I HATE the WiiU's controller layout. Seriously whoever the fack at Nintendo though that layout was a good idea should be fired, or at least kicked in the stomach a few times.

my guess is that its b/c the old ccp looked too much like the ps3 controller, and the gc controller looked too much like the xbox controller. Perhaps fear of copyright infringement? Oh well. Anyways, does anyone know how to make a good spacer for an irregular object? I need some extra space for the components. I was thinking of putting everything inside, bondo-ing the case together, letting it dry, then cutting it apart again. Any ideas?

EDIT: sorry about the crappy pictures, theyre off of my phone. ill try to get some better ones later. Also, it has switches on the back so u can switch it from wiimote mode to ccp mode. it is a very high-quality controller. also, it only has one speaker, although it has 2 speaker-holes.

im talking about joystick and button placement. the ps3's joysticks are at the bottom, same with ccp. the 360s are diagonal, same with the gc. im not saying it is the reason, but copyright wars have been fought over dumber things (see rumble motor wars)

I knew somebody at gamestop, they were able to get me 10 bucks off. Its a REALLY NICE controller tho, i reccomend it if ur not modding it. it is calle (if i can remember correctly) a 3-in-1 retro gaming wii u controller.

Edit: i was close. "Retro classic controller" bit redundant, but oh well. I also have pics!
2j5ntia.jpg

Made a sexy button config for the four front buttons

SNEAKxxATTACK said:
Pretty sure the wii u pro controller looks like the 360 controller. Gamecube was very original IMO.

Sticks are placed differently.

Also another pic.
2w3c5c5.jpg

That is the switch to change between wiimote and ccp mode.
You can see the mini-usb port for charging the battery. Im not going to even bother trying to desolder the port (its surface mounted and im lazy), im going to extend it with a male to female mini usb cable i just recently purchased

Also, once again, does anyone know how to make a good spacer for a case?

Back