Wii Laptop (COMPLETED)

Discussion in 'Wii' started by Jonathan Holt, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Jonathan Holt

Jonathan Holt Member

After two months, and two wii motherboards, I finally finished my Wii laptop, mostly anyway. I have a few kinks to get out, but it is put together and functional.

I used the ZN-40 and ZN-45 cases from Polycase and spray painted it a gloss gray color.

Nothing fancy as far as features. I'm in the process of setting it up with USB loader for games (which I've not used before, hopefully it goes smoothly).

I've got the Wii sensors bar installed in the screen portion, USB drive accessible from the side. I have the three original buttons on the other side (power, reset, sync), and the GameCube controller and memory card ports up front. I have the speakers mounted under the top of the bottom housing.

I have ventilation holes on both sides of it to keep it cool.

The only problem I have to work out is it is still getting pretty warm after 15-20 minutes of use, and at that time the Bluetooth module gets warm enough to stop working until the Wii is powered off.

I'm open to, and would appreciate, suggestions for how to keep it cool.

Here are the finished pictures (video soon!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Joeyjoe9876

Joeyjoe9876 Frequent Poster

Not too bad! Congrats on the successful build!

Jonathan Holt likes this.
  3. Jonathan Holt

Jonathan Holt Member

Thanks! I'm doing a few more modifications before it's ready to sell, I'll upload some more pics when I get that done.

4. ModU

ModU Member

Wtf It looks amazing

Jonathan Holt likes this.