Wii-Key U

The only time i'll ever be interested in Wii U is when it runs backups tbh, so looking forward to this.

I'm pretty excited, and will definitely be picking one up when these are released. Besides the obvious bonus of, eh, try before you buy. Which I'm an advocate of (because there are so many flaxe games released and its easier for me to sort them out this way). I'm most excited about keeping the game discs of games I've purchased out of the hands of my 5 & 7 year olds. Because game discs (or any other discs) I've found don't last very long in their hands, so being able to rip the disc to a HDD or SD card and forget about it will be super convenient for both them, and me.

The other bonus of an emulated disc drive is of course, being able to trick the system into doing something that it maybe shouldn't. Such as playing out of region titles or possibly playing GC games or homebrew. Marcan from Failoverflow wrote up an interested article after the Wiikey team came out publicly that they'd broken the WiiU's drive encryption which you can read here: http://fail0verflow.com/blog/2013/espresso.html

I have to agree and disagree at the same time. I do think a lot of people are only interested in straight up piracy. But there are also people out there with a similar view on things as mine, which I've stated above. I do however agree that "homebrew devs" are going to be more compelled to release stuff for open systems, like the ouya or any other android/open ended device.

Has anyone on here actually had a chance to open up a Wii U? I'm guessing no with how expensive they still are.

No, but, nintendo released pictures of the insides. You can find them on google images.

Back