Where Can I Buy A WASP Fusion?

Discussion in 'Gamecube' started by Thunder, May 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Cojiro

Cojiro Active Member

I use tinypic.com

2. ttsgeb

ttsgeb Breaker of Everything Staff Member

One day, I'll get off my ass and set up attachments.
    That day's not today, but it *will* happen.
    If everyone yells at me constantly about it, It can probably happen Wednesdayish.

3. Prog

Prog Not a Memeā„¢ Staff Member

FIX ANIMATED AVVYS
    ADD CHAT
    MAKE IT NOT UGLY
    BRING BACK THE COMMUNITY

4. ttsgeb

ttsgeb Breaker of Everything Staff Member

5. Matthew Clark

Matthew Clark Member

Hey here are some pictures that I've used from imageshack. Hopefully it worked lol.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2016
    moderategamer likes this.
  6. Matthew Clark

Matthew Clark Member

So guys I have a huge frustrating problem that I would to get some help on. So I've generally got the screen and speakers working at one point but for some reason with me trying to solder the ffc chip in I took everything off so I wouldn't accidentally break anything, all of a sudden the screen isn't turning on at all!

Ive tried re-ataching all the wires but still confused on why when i frustrating thought it was finally dead, the screen turns on again. Ive literally tried everything including making sure that the wiring weren't touching any other contacts. However I do have a few questions.

The screen I am using is the BW 3.5 inch TFT LCD monitor for car/Automobile which I decided to use from watching a youtube intractable from Johnathan shine. I am slightly confused by the points i am to solder though (even though Ive gotten it working before but forgot to take a picture on how to do it again lol). in his video He soldered 2 points together on each side for the Composite wires to connect to, however I did not do that and it worked fine the first time so i thought maybe he did that as a safety precaution? So now Im thinking I should reconsider doing that instead? If all this is still not working i might have just killed the screen mobo and hopefully not the gc as well.

http://imageshack.com/a/img921/1030/vqEXqK.jpg
    http://imageshack.com/a/img922/7531/5iek7I.jpg
    http://imageshack.com/a/img921/6421/3Xb2OJ.jpg
    http://imageshack.com/a/img921/7615/wEyCdc.jpg
    http://imageshack.com/a/img921/7696/0D2BXO.jpg

Lastly, I was wondering where do i hook up ground and the 3.5 volts left on the wasp and ffc chip? all else is wired up correctly. Also is there a link where i can download swiss since I have a Mac. Thanks! :)

7. moderategamer

moderategamer Member

hey I see no one is weighing in on this so I'll give you what limited knowledge I have as far as hooking two wires up for your video signal one is the video signal and the other is the ground/shielding which limits interference in the signal it's advised and maybe necessary to hook both up. For the 3.5v and ground simply hook anywhere on the ground line of the gamecube and the same with the 3.5v line I'm not sure where the recommended points are but you should be fine just soldering to any 3.5v and ground plane sorry i realise this is no help whatsoever but good luck. You should watch BAC's videos he shows you how to hook up all of his megadrive revisions including the 3.5v and ground.

8. DefaultLik

DefaultLik Member

Off Topic... I mean On Topic? I am not sure tbh xD
    Does anybody know how to get a WASP or Wiikey Fusion? D: cant find them anymore. Eurasia and Badassconsoles and all other Websites I know of have sold out and I still need some :( Can somebody help me please?

9. StefanR

StefanR Newb

I'm also looking for one! Ive tried everywhere with no luck. Even the Chinese websites are now completely out of stock.
    If anyone here has any in storage I would really appreciate it if you could sell me one! I can also do a trade for other hardware/modchips if that's something you want. Thanks

10. Shank

Shank Formerly Known As Dyxlesci

If you are looking for one for a portable, you should consider making a Wii Portable instead. They have near perfect gamecube compatibility, are better in essentially every way, and much easier to assemble. Nobody really makes gamecube portables anymore because of how much better wii portables are. If you are looking for non-portable uses, Wii USB loading has you covered as well.

If you are looking for a way to run gamecube games from an SD card specifically on a gamecube, you are most likely out of luck.

11. Luna

Luna Newb

Hey guys I think I found a way to revive the old Cube. I recently bought a son driver from Poland. And in order to connect it to my GameCube I'm going to use a Adafruit Multi-pitch FPC Adapter - 40 Pin, the original GameCube disk drive connector, and lastly a 32 pin flat Flex ribbon cable to connect to the disk drive replacement. I think this might be the future for GameCube portablizing and keeping the GameCube alive for many years to come. I will keep you up-to-date on my progress. Wish me luck!!!!

12. Shank

There is no future for GameCube portablizing. Wii portablizing makes it completely obsolete.

13. Luna

Luna Newb

I know that but it is still a unique way to play some old retro games on the actual Hardware. I don't denounce that a wii is the way to go about portablizing. But to each their own. And thank you for the suggestions shank that might be the next portable i make.

14. Shank

The Wii doesn't emulate gamecube games. Its hardware is is just a beefed up gamecube with a few extra bells and whistles. So when you are playing a gamecube game on a wii, it is running on actual hardware. Thats why backwards compatibility is basically perfect.

Pretty much everybody today who starts a GCP gives up and switches over to a Wii. Its easier, less expensive, and objectively better in dozens of ways. You are more than free to pursue one, but know that you are going to work harder, pay more, and end up with an inferior end product. I feel like not informing newer users like you before they start is doing them a disservice. GC portables are dead, but I promise you that's a good thing :)

15. StefanR

StefanR Newb

Yes this is what I wanted it for to be honest, I'm just a little late to the whole thing.

Please do keep us up to date here. I'm sure others will also be interested even if they have left the gamecube behind.

I have to say though there is some great work being done on wii trimming.