Where Can I Buy A WASP Fusion?

Why not learn how to solder like all the rest of the people who make portables?
its impossible to solder an FFC connector with a soldering iron, or at least very improbable. the pitch of the connector is 0.5mm, even MegaloManiac must likely doesn't solder the FFC connectors on his Megadrives

its impossible to solder an FFC connector with a soldering iron, or at least very improbable. the pitch of the connector is 0.5mm, even MegaloManiac must likely doesn't solder the FFC connectors on his Megadrives

its not impossible to hand solder the FFC connector. I always hand solder everything ...
ive even hand soldered 0.4mm pitch and even soldered wired direct to a BGA because i didnt have access to proper equipment at the time to remount the BGA...

many people can hand solder fine pitch components fairly easily, it just takes practice to develop your own technique.
you will never learn using a reflow oven as you intend to do....besides what happens when solder paste does not properly bond to the pin or pad? you will have to go in and manually touch up the area (assuming you even notice there is a soldering issue.) If you cannot solder this pitch by hand then you better hope your homemade reflow oven is properly calibrated. Most homemade units do not always evenly heat the area and it takes a lot of time and attempts to work out the oven to evenly distribute heat. In the meantime while you are trying to correct your heating issues you are stock piling a large amount of failed boards. (failed boards assuming you cannot hand solder)

Reflow is not the answer if you cannot hand solder

its not impossible to hand solder the FFC connector. I always hand solder everything ...
ive even hand soldered 0.4mm pitch and even soldered wired direct to a BGA because i didnt have access to proper equipment at the time to remount the BGA...

many people can hand solder fine pitch components fairly easily, it just takes practice to develop your own technique.
you will never learn using a reflow oven as you intend to do....besides what happens when solder paste does not properly bond to the pin or pad? you will have to go in and manually touch up the area (assuming you even notice there is a soldering issue.) If you cannot solder this pitch by hand then you better hope your homemade reflow oven is properly calibrated. Most homemade units do not always evenly heat the area and it takes a lot of time and attempts to work out the oven to evenly distribute heat. In the meantime while you are trying to correct your heating issues you are stock piling a large amount of failed boards. (failed boards assuming you cannot hand solder)

I don't know how you can solder 0.5 pitch very easily. I'm not that experienced in FFC connector hand soldering, But I can solder a 0.7 pitch pretty fast(maybe not very well, but solderwick does wonders), its just that its not a time effective way of doing things. I've calibrated my reflow oven correctly, and for making multiple boards it is a lot more cost effective.

Most homemade units do not always evenly heat the area and it takes a lot of time and attempts to work out the oven to evenly distribute heat. In the meantime while you are trying to correct your heating issues you are stock piling a large amount of failed boards. (failed boards assuming you cannot hand solder)

I'm guessing this happened to you?

Thanks! I'm currently making a micro sized v5, about 2/3rds the size
i assume by 2/3rds the size you plan to run the FFC connector to the opposite side of the board? if so take a look at that cap there and make sure you can clear it. im sure you have done proper research and have noticed that cap is in different locations depending on which motherboard you have so the design will have to take that into consideration. The PCB itself will also have to be way thicker than necessary to ensure the FFC cable will clear that component else it will apply upward pressure on the cable causing the FFC connector to open. That component will also be in prime location to short the FFC cable from the bottom side exposed pars that are always present with an FFC connection...

There is a reason i didnt go for that design...you will find out soon...or others who blow out their cubes based on that short will find out for you...

I don't know how you can solder 0.5 pitch very easily. I'm not that experienced in FFC connector hand soldering, But I can solder a 0.7 pitch pretty fast(maybe not very well, but solderwick does wonders), its just that its not a time effective way of doing things. I've calibrated my reflow oven correctly, and for making multiple boards it is a lot more cost effective.

I'm guessing this happened to you?
not at all, i never use reflow remember? i can hand solder...but i am aware of the issues homemade reflow ovens have because a toaster oven design does not ensure 100% even heat dispersal within the chamber. They dont even cook food properly, you think it will solder a PCB properly?

Have you looked at the heating profile for the solderpaste you plan to use?
every solder paste has a recommended heat profile that your oven needs to follow else you will end up with failed boards. If your oven cannot disperse heat evenly then it sure will not ensure the heating profile has been met.

I am not saying homemade reflow ovens are bad or wont work. I am merely stating the issues that have to worked out first before using a reflow oven to ensure the components dont get damaged and the solder will actually melt and flow where its suppose to. Based on your own statements alone, i assume you have never performed any oven tests or calibration since you "think" you might be able to reflow the designs yet you also indicate you have reflowed boards before. So which is it?

Yeah I realized that when I designed the board, soldering is going to be hard but i think i can reflow it using paste.

wow nice clone too bad the regulars are probably still better and worth the wait

readImage

not at all, i never use reflow remember? i can hand solder...but i am aware of the issues homemade reflow ovens have because a toaster oven design does not ensure 100% even heat dispersal within the chamber. They dont even cook food properly, you think it will solder a PCB properly?

Have you looked at the heating profile for the solderpaste you plan to use?
every solder paste has a recommended heat profile that your oven needs to follow else you will end up with failed boards. If your oven cannot disperse heat evenly then it sure will not ensure the heating profile has been met.

I am not saying homemade reflow ovens are bad or wont work. I am merely stating the issues that have to worked out first before using a reflow oven to ensure the components dont get damaged and the solder will actually melt and flow where its suppose to. Based on your own statements alone, i assume you have never performed any oven tests or calibration since you "think" you might be able to reflow the designs yet you also indicate you have reflowed boards before. So which is it?
when I said that I thought i could reflow it using paste i wasnt really being serious(i dont know why i even said that) i know that solder paste doesn't work that way, it needs solder mask to find it way around stuff. i already have used this solder paste before so i know the correct profile for my paste. And don't worry about the micro... its going to work just fine ;)

PS: you might want to stop acting so arrogant, you might learn something if you do :)

thanks guys!

Yeah I don't know how to get them to show because the attachments aren't working for some reason. One more thing about the wiring, which amperage do I use because i get confused when i start to order. The capacitor is the one thats directly under the screen itself in the front right above the audio ports.

Last edited:
Oh wow I didn't know that. I just thought people just up loaded them as attachments? :confused:
so what site is does everyone use?
ha I thought the same thing my first time as well would make sense. image shack gives you a free trial but other than that I'm not sure sorry haven't looked in to it.

Back