Where Can I Buy A WASP Fusion?

I know they sell some at badassconsoles.com but they haven't been in stock for a while
This site has them apparently the owner is a member of the forum but the sites a bit dodgy I just bought one though and seems to all check out. I haven't received it yet but it's been dispatched could take a while because they're based in Thailand. When you go to pay it will look like they only accept credit card but if you just follow the links for the credit card then continue to fill in your debit card it works you have to pick your bank from a huge list of banks but once you do it's pretty simple just seems a bit off.
Hope this helps.
http://www.eurasia.nu/shop/product_info.php?cPath=&products_id=431

This site has them apparently the owner is a member of the forum but the sites a bit dodgy I just bought one though and seems to all check out. I haven't received it yet but it's been dispatched could take a while because they're based in Thailand. When you go to pay it will look like they only accept credit card but if you just follow the links for the credit card then continue to fill in your debit card it works you have to pick your bank from a huge list of banks but once you do it's pretty simple just seems a bit off.
Hope this helps.
http://www.eurasia.nu/shop/product_info.php?cPath=&products_id=431
I might try it, but I'm going to hold off and wait a bit to see if it gets back in stock. By the way, are there any other DD replacement mod chips?

I doubt he's going to have them in stock for a long time it's already been ages since he last had them in stock. Nope there are no other replacement DD chips that are designed for the job I used a ffc 32 pin breakout board I'll link you it when I get home and I can get on my computer.

Last edited:
Hey Guys Im new to this Forum and I'm excited to get a chance to get familiar with the people in this community. However I am completely a noob at building a GC portable. I seem to have confusion on what kinds of stranded wires to buy. I just need to find any links to stranded wire sizes because I'm completely lost on how to figure out what wattages to use so I can buy them in bulk?

I was able to put together a screen and audio to the board (Huge shout out to Tchay and his tutorial contributions). As far as the DD replacement I'm completely stumped (just confused from other posts because they seem to leave out little crucial steps hooking up the wasp)

Also back when I was stupid, I have bought several sony ps1 screens in the past and I would like to NOT buy more. Unfortunately one of capcitators broke off and its affecting the screen. Ive done some research and so far all I've figured out is that its an aluminum capacitor lol.

The one on the left is the one that works and the other is damaged

Hey Guys Im new to this Forum and I'm excited to get a chance to get familiar with the people in this community. However I am completely a noob at building a GC portable. I seem to have confusion on what kinds of stranded wires to buy. I just need to find any links to stranded wire sizes because I'm completely lost on how to figure out what wattages to use so I can buy them in bulk?

I was able to put together a screen and audio to the board (Huge shout out to Tchay and his tutorial contributions). As far as the DD replacement I'm completely stumped (just confused from other posts because they seem to leave out little crucial steps hooking up the wasp)

Also back when I was stupid, I have bought several sony ps1 screens in the past and I would like to NOT buy more. Unfortunately one of capcitators broke off and its affecting the screen. Ive done some research and so far all I've figured out is that its an aluminum capacitor lol.

as you can see this forum is not very populated from what I can see there are only around three members visiting this site a day. also I can't help you with the psone screen I haven't used it I think it's a bit clunky and ugly there are other better screens out there you can use but like you said you don't want to be buying any more screens. I would advise checking out the Ben heck forum I think there are quite a few people on it and there's a game cube section from what I hear I don't know I've never been on it.

If you want to connect the WASP Fusion to the GameCube motherboard then you either need to A= Solder each wire coming off of the wasp to the Gamecube Motherboard (I wouldn't recommend this if you are new to soldering, But you can find how to do that here: http://forums.modretro.com/index.ph...-fusion-wode-sd-hdd-loading-on-gamecube.6003/)
or B= buy a Megadrive from badassconsoles.com (they dont have them in stock but i just designed and ordered a board off https://oshpark.com/ and i would be fine with selling one to you)

Megadrives are hard to solder, but from what my friends have told me its way easier then soldering the cable directly.
For wire I think the rule is power 20 gauge and for data 28 gauge(im not super sure but this should be a pretty safe bet)

The images won't load for me so i can't help you with your screen

If you want to connect the WASP Fusion to the GameCube motherboard then you either need to A= Solder each wire coming off of the wasp to the Gamecube Motherboard (I wouldn't recommend this if you are new to soldering, But you can find how to do that here: http://forums.modretro.com/index.ph...-fusion-wode-sd-hdd-loading-on-gamecube.6003/)
or B= buy a Megadrive from badassconsoles.com (they dont have them in stock but i just designed and ordered a board off https://oshpark.com/ and i would be fine with selling one to you)

Megadrives are hard to solder, but from what my friends have told me its way easier then soldering the cable directly.
For wire I think the rule is power 20 gauge and for data 28 gauge(im not super sure but this should be a pretty safe bet)

The images won't load for me so i can't help you with your screen

I'd be interested to see your design got any photos or drawings of the board? I'm using the 32 breakout board like we talked about earlier but I'd really like to use a Megadrive V5 as it is a lot cleaner looking. It would interesting to see what design you went for.

ca83eac428e9936c360b7e7c5f7fe268.png
Thats what it looks like, its basically a v6, but i gave it a slimmer profile for more clearance on each side.

If you want a v5 i can design one for you.

I will solder the FFC connector using solder paste and a reflow oven, so don't worry about it.
its going to take 2-3 weeks to get the final product, because PCB manufacturing takes forever.

I'll dm you tonight or tomorrow with the design and my paypal

nice copy cat...but OSHpark will only make boards in 2 sizes...
1.6mm default thickness or 0.8mm thickness for an extra fee...

If you have already purchased a set from oshpark and if they have arrived and if you have inspected them altready then im sure you know the 0.8mm is just a little bit taller than the filters that need to be soldered to making the task much more difficult. If you did not purchase the 0.8mm boards then good luck trying to solder those..
you will need to get boards thinner than 0.8mm to make things easier based on that design...and OSHpark does not offer anything thinner than 0.8mm

also, not to mention, there are newer and improved versions of v5 and v6 that will be available possibly late next week...just waiting for the shipment to arrive..
many improvements have been made to make soldering much easier than previous versions and they are even smaller than before...

posted last week:
https://twitter.com/BadAssConsoles/status/730930545111142401

nice copy cat...but OSHpark will only make boards in 2 sizes...
1.6mm default thickness or 0.8mm thickness for an extra fee...

If you have already purchased a set from oshpark and if they have arrived and if you have inspected them altready then im sure you know the 0.8mm is just a little bit taller than the filters that need to be soldered to making the task much more difficult. If you did not purchase the 0.8mm boards then good luck trying to solder those..
you will need to get boards thinner than 0.8mm to make things easier based on that design...and OSHpark does not offer anything thinner than 0.8mm

also, not to mention, there are newer and improved versions of v5 and v6 that will be available possibly late next week...just waiting for the shipment to arrive..
many improvements have been made to make soldering much easier than previous versions and they are even smaller than before...

posted last week:
https://twitter.com/BadAssConsoles/status/730930545111142401
Yeah I realized that when I designed the board, soldering is going to be hard but i think i can reflow it using paste.
I'm not trying to take your customers or anything just trying to supply myself because you didn't have any stock.

Have you added headers to raise the board for easy soldering?

Back