What should I do to fix the screen??

pLover

Apparently plover is a type of bird.
Some of you are saying to wire resistors to each LED, rather than each one to just one resistor.

Some are saying to wire the regulator to the power plug, and then get rid of the resistor, but then what would I do about the LEDs?

Some are saying just to change the number of ohms the in the resistor.

And everyone says that after I do [insert above operation here], that all of my problems will go away.

But who's right? And which one can I test sooner?

But the difference is that I have three different answers, and I believe all three are from you. And I don't know which one to do!

pLover said:
Some of you are saying to wire resistors to each LED, rather than each one to just one resistor.

First, I think but not 100% sure because I haven't done it myself, but you use 1 resistor when you do it in series and then 4 resistor in parallel. Since, parallel has four seperate wires that each have voltage passing through it. Series is where you put voltage on one of the pins and then connect all the LEDS together and put ground on the last pin that is left, only one resistor is needed. But, you have it at the beginning so, all the voltage is getting reduced. So, that is fine.

I told you this before I saw your diagram yesterday, which is perfect and the way I would have done it. There is no problem with how many resistors you have.

pLover said:
Some are saying to wire the regulator to the power plug, and then get rid of the resistor, but then what would I do about the LEDs?

The regulator is just an easy spot to get reduced voltage. I don't know where your getting your voltage right now for the LEDS?

pLover said:
Some are saying just to change the number of ohms the in the resistor

The way I interpered what basment modder said was that if you use low ohm resistors the LED will burn out over time becasue to much voltage is getting to them. This means that they should still work for a while, but maybe burn out after a day or so.

So, right know lets update whats going on. You have a screen that doesn't power up and none of the LEDS turn on right? Do you have a volt meter that you can test to see if your screen is even getting 5v? Have you bypassed the PS1 fuse on the screen before or is it still left there?

Back