What do you think about this Android Tablet?

XCVG said:
Assholes! I want the *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing Slate, not some piece of flax that runs an OS designed for a smartphone

Agreed. I'm kind of worn out on netbooks myself =P

I have a solid gaming rig I built and never really got into PC gaming... I use it for youtube, facebook, music and movies. I think I could easily have gotten away with swapping that thing out for a Win7 Tablet that had an HDMI out and a USB port...

I use my acer extensa laptop on my workbench for modretro-related awesomeness though... It gets more use than my quad-core win7 box...

XCVG said:
Assholes! I want the *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing Slate, not some piece of flax that runs an OS designed for a smartphone! I want my Windows damnit! Oh well, I'll just get a netbook then. The upcoming Eee 1215N looks awesome.

Woah woah woah, calm down there. Have you even tried Android? Its a bad ass operating system.

Yeah actually, that is exactly the kind of machine I'm looking for. any ETA? I didn't see any on that site...

Isn't the Joojoo/Crunchpad basically a Slate? Atom N270, Nvidia ION, 1366x768, capable of running desktop OSes, for $500? It just has a 4 gig SSD (helped by a MicroSDHC slot and vacant mini-pcie slot).

machjas said:
XCVG said:
Assholes! I want the *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing Slate, not some piece of flax that runs an OS designed for a smartphone

Agreed. I'm kind of worn out on netbooks myself =P

I have a solid gaming rig I built and never really got into PC gaming... I use it for youtube, facebook, music and movies. I think I could easily have gotten away with swapping that thing out for a Win7 Tablet that had an HDMI out and a USB port...

I use my acer extensa laptop on my workbench for modretro-related awesomeness though... It gets more use than my quad-core win7 box...

Rethinking it, a tablet would do me no good, since I do all my gaming on PC. Again, I'm loving the Eee 1215N more and more. A netbook (sort of) that can run games? Awesome!

I think the Eee 1215N is more like the old school thin-and-light laptops like the Toshiba Portege line and Powerbook 2400. The ION platform is pretty strong considering its size, and the screens and keyboards are actually usable! (I still like my old Portege 7200cte.)

I'd get something like that before a traditional 10" netbook with one of Intel's Garbage Media Adapter chipsets. :lol:

I want something good for cheap. I want something that I can have resourse on for a good price. I have an itouch and I am getting a new laptop. But I want something with a bigger screen than my itouch. Also under $250...

That tablet isn't very good, even if you did get froyo on it. :/

You're better off saving a while longer to buy something decent than buying a cheap piece of knockoff tat.

Besides, judging from Wikipedia, 300 bogoMIPS (some BS kernel calculation) on an ARM9 CPU gets you a clock speed somewhere around 600 mhz. The $150 Gentouch tablet at K-Mart has an 800 mhz CPU, and it runs pretty slowly on Android 2.1. That one on DealExtreme is the same speed at best, and doesn't have any better video acceleration.

Back