What do you think about this Android Tablet?

I want to load it with Emulators, Videos, and Music. I have an Itouch but this just looks very appealing to me.

I'd be careful with cheap chinese almost-generic/generic tablets. There've been problems with them before, go look around at the engadget ones.

I was saying to go look at those cheap android tablets at engadget to see the bad reputation they've earned themselves.

If it were me I'd definitely save up a bit more and get an archos.

Fine, you can get it, if you want a POS.

Its resistive touch, meaning you have to calibrate it and use a stylus. The touchscreens on these can be very unresponsive.

http://www.dealextreme.com/forums/Default.dx/sku.39169~threadid.626327 Its not 600 mhz, its 175 mhz. Its a very slow processor, means slow apps, slow browsing, slow video watching etc.

Very hard process to upgrade Android 1.6 to 2.1 .

Battery life is at best 6 hours.

People say the wifi is again a POS.

Oh, and did I say very unresponsive?

Buy it if you want waste money..

And unfortunately rooting it has been an escapade of it's own. Although I hear if you update the firmware then you're golden. Rooting is still better...

I'm still skeptical. does the chrome-lite browser support things like Flash?

Only 256MB of ram, a 1.3MP camera... It only supports of to 16gb SDHC. I dunno. I wish they hadn't axed the HP slate...

Windows 7 was also too power-hungry for a tablet device. I heard it was around 3-4 hours... which is perfectly fine if you ask me... Shorter battery life is a small price to pay to run win7 and all the devices that were incorporated if you ask me.

Assholes! I want the *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing Slate, not some piece of flax that runs an OS designed for a smartphone! I want my Windows damnit! Oh well, I'll just get a netbook then. The upcoming Eee 1215N looks awesome.

Back