What do i need?

Argelfraster

IMG_00151.jpg

What kind of cable do i need to use to hook up a system to this?
P.S its in the screen section because i want to use the screen.

Its the same thing. The A/V in just has input plugs on the end, but those can be replicated with a female-female adapter.

That is a stereo plug. The Av in/out cables are 3-way, not 2 (like the link you gave). If you use that you will only get 3 of the following connections: video, audio left, audio right, and ground. It may even bridge some contacts in the plug because it only has 3 contacts instead of 4 (like the av cable bac showed). I have used the same thing before and got video, audio left(mono), and ground but I don't know if the pinout to the socket I was using was original or if I modified it.

Bacteria - the cable you showed is to connect the DVD player to a TV or something like that, i need a cable like that, but the ends of the wires need to intake the av cable of a system.

Argelfraster said:
Bacteria - the cable you showed is to connect the DVD player to a TV or something like that, i need a cable like that, but the ends of the wires need to intake the av cable of a system.
you can probably get female-female adapters at radioshack.

bacteria said:
The one in my pic is an A/V cable:

yellow=composite + ground
white = left audio + ground
red = right audio + ground

If you look on the plug, it has 4 connections, not 3 as you get with a stereo plug - hence, composite, left and right audio and common ground!
Yeah thats what I said. :rolleyes:
Neildo_64 said:
It may even bridge some contacts in the plug because it only has 3 contacts instead of 4 (like the av cable Bacteria showed).

Basement_Modder said:
Its the same thing. The A/V in just has input plugs on the end, but those can be replicated with a female-female adapter.
grossaffe said:
Argelfraster said:
you can probably get female-female adapters at radioshack.

Just buy the adapters.

Ok i bought all the necessary things for this, and now i have a question:
1) can i cut all this off? i just need to use the part with the AV input and the main chip.
IMG_0017.jpg

this is the part where you input video and audio
IMG_00161.jpg

and this is the back of the screen
IMG_00181.jpg

Back