Welcome to xenForo

ttsgeb

Breaker of Everything
Staff member
As you may have noticed, things look a little different now.
That's because I've changed us over from phpbb to xenForo.
You can log in and post with your old username and password.
We'll be tweaking things to work a little better over the next few days.
If you run into any bugs, just let me know here.

Known issues:
The avatars are all wonky. I had to build a script to pull them over here. It isn't a very good one yet. I'm working on it.
All of our custom smileys haven't been imported yet because I'm lazy or something.
Permissions didn't carry over cleanly, so you may not be able to see or do all you used to.

Useful notes:
If, like me, you like to bookmark the unread posts page, the url is slightly different every time by default here, and it leads to read posts showing up. In order to get past this, you can bookmark http://forums.modretro.com/index.php?find-new/posts and it will always run a new search for you.

Last edited:
UPDATE: I have successfully promoted Palmer to moderator and put in the subsilver2 logo temporarily via imgur.
Both these things make me laugh.

UPDATE: I have successfully undone everything Prog did and also reinstated the word filter.

What is the ghost town, it shows up at the bottom of the page
That's where hidden forums show up, like the saloon, cave, etc. Doesn't show when logged out, so I assume it only shows to certain user groups.

Yes. Redirects Tomorrow...
So, as a bit of an update, due to nonsense that I either have no control over or have no idea how to control I can't do redirects the easy way.
Instead, it seems, I must do them the hard way. I'm not a programmer, but I've written and read so much php this month that it isn't even funny.

That's where hidden forums show up, like the saloon, cave, etc. Doesn't show when logged out, so I assume it only shows to certain user groups.
Looks like I lost access after the transition. :(

I noticed that retired staff perms weren't set. I told them in the group chat but I don't think they listened.

So, as a bit of an update, due to nonsense that I either have no control over or have no idea how to control I can't do redirects the easy way.
Instead, it seems, I must do them the hard way. I'm not a programmer, but I've written and read so much php this month that it isn't even funny.
I lied, I found a thing, redirects work now.
A huge sigh or relief was breathed by geb.

Thanks Geb. Looks like the favicon also borked somewhere along the way.

Also set up Discord pls based geb

Nah, it's borked. Works fine if it's still in your cache from before, but it's not loading a new one on fresh visits - checked in FF 45.0.2, IE 11, Vivaldi 1.0, Edge preview.

PS: What the flax is up with our number fonts? 1, 2, and 0 are normal, 3, 4, 5, 7, 9 are larger and subscript, and 6 and 8 are larger and superscript. 1234567890 looks quite strange on account of it.

That goes all the way up to the Microsoft fonts department:
nTgI2Pv.png

Back