transfering x3 modchip from 1 xb to another

Hi guys i have a few xbox consoles all in different states of repair one of them has the xecuter 3 modchip installed but i cannot get slayers disc to boot on it for whatever reason .

However i recently bought an xbox in perfect condition from that popular auction site we all love so much
i have relatively good soldering skills and have bought the pins that solder onto the xbox mobo making the chip install a lot easier .

is there any reason i cannot just switch the chip from one console to another .

has anybody got any experiance with this chip??

The only bit you gotta worry about is what rev box you have. If they're both the same, go for it. If one is 1-1.5 and the other 1.6, you have some jumpers to switch. I'd try swapping the DVD drives first, though. They aren't locked in, so it's as painless as changing drives in a desktop.

Well the thing is i have had 3 different dvdrom drives installed and the x3 chip insists it cannot find the version number or model name in the x3 bios of any of the drives i have tried

also the board on the front of the xbox that houses the dip switches is bust i cant acess the dip settings any ideas

Back