Tired of bulky nicads are thes what I'm looking for?

tom10122

Well I am doing my first commission :) he supplied the parts so I was using NiCad intec batteries once that's finished I'm going to use the money to fund my portable, I was using a intec too but it's too bulky and only gives 2hr battery life which was fine with me. I am going to stuff it in a zn-45 and was looking at this battery

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/rechargeab ... ore-100073
I know it's been said that it isn't good but shouldn't it supply about 2hrs? Gamecubes powered by 12v draw about 1.4 amps so 4800mah should supply atleast 2 if not 3 correct? If I do get it would it just be plug and play just wire the positive and negative and go?

I remember those intec batteries being terrible but you can use Li-po's which are a lot better then Ni-mh or Ni-cad. Check out batteryspace.com for some Li-po's. They are however explosive if wired and charged wrong so check out this guide here.

The batteries come with a charger, I don't need a protection circuit to use the battery correct? Just to charge it?

Well for Li-pos you always need to have a protection circuit on them, you don't need one for Ni-cad of Ni-mh

Yes I know that, I am assuming the charging ciruit is built into the batteries I am looking at since it comes with a charger, 4800mah should last 2 hrs right?

The problem with these batteries (I have one JUST like it) is that the stated capacity is NOT even close to what is inside. Since it says it is 4800mAh I would expect it to be more close to 1300-1800mAh. I did a test on mine (6800mAh) and I only got about 2400-2800mAh. Don't be cheap on batteries. Go to batteryspace.com and buy a real battery.

For a general rule of thumb, when you're wondering if batteries are good to use, and you find them on DealExtreme, the answer is usually no.

On paper they sound nice a lot of the time, but quite frankly they lie.

Back