Thursty's new rig

In some ways, the way Intel does things is retarded. With the H67, you get to use the integrated video but no overclocking and no x8/x8 dual videocards. With P67, you lose the integrated graphics. Z68 is coming soon which will incorporate both feature sets (probably at a significant premium) but really, they should have launched with Z68. Did I mention that the unlocked processors have better IGPs?

That being said, if you have an intention to overclock or run dual videocards you probably don't give a *Can'tSayThisOnTV* about the IGP anyway. The flawed chipsets will hopefully be fixed soon- worse things have happened before. Sandy Bridge is a beast, but perhaps they should have waited a bit to launch it.

I can't afford a Sandy Bridge rig now, anyway.

Going back to my original AMD/ATI build, seeing as it's the only thing I can now afford.

Going with the Thuban 1100T, and a Biostar Board with the 890FX chipset, and 2 sapphire 6950's in Crossfire. Everything else is the same, or I just don't feel like typing any more differences.

Twilight Wolf said:
Why not just wait a little while and see how things play out? >_>
I'm without a computer that can even run STEAM. Do you know how FRUSTRATING it is to go to school all day, get home, go to work, get home, and have NO WAY to play ANY PC GAMES?! THIS THING I'M ON CAN'T EVEN RUN DUKE NUKEM 3D I'M LOSING MY *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ING MIIIIINDDDDDDDDD

Sounds like my laptop. :p

I don't know, if it were me I'd wait a little while anyways. I'd rather wait a while and be able to build a better rig than build something right now.

Twilight Wolf said:
Sounds like my laptop. :p

I don't know, if it were me I'd wait a little while anyways. I'd rather wait a while and be able to build a better rig than build something right now.

So you're saying that AMD won't serve me well either?

I'm not going into any details, but I basically have until the end of THIS WEEK to have a final configuration set or I get NO computer, at all.

Now do you understand why I'm so stressed?

No, of course AMD would serve you fine. But come on, an i7? AMD can't compete with that flax yet. Unless something that I don't know of has happened. >_>

But if you have an ultimatum to meet... well, yeah, I can understand. D:

You could always *Can'tSayThisOnTV* the recall, and buy it on ebay or something anyway. Depends on how much you wanted it I suppose.

ttsgeb said:
If that bit was targeted at the general population, and not me, please ignore this comment.

Yes it was not targeted directly at you. :p

People on different sites are acting like Intel is recalling every Sandy Bridge CPU because it will make your computer explode. It's just a design flaw in one version of the new supporting chipset that might make the SATA controller degrade over time. They caught the issue relatively quickly after release, and have already fixed it.

Back