Third PSP speaker.

I know it's been overdone for a while, but I'm wanting to do a LM386 amp for it though. I've built a couple of them before, but how would I do the amp with a set volume instead of through a volume control of some sort?

I plan on doing it from the UMD bay instead of through the grip, which I never understood anyways. I do plan on making it where I can switch it off when I don't need it.

I assume you want the amp to run at peak or near to it and then just piggyback on the audio lines from the other speakers so that the system volume controls it, yeah? If that's the case, I'd just run a set gain (cap from pin 1 to pin 8, 10uf is good, no cap = max gain) on the lm386, and take the audio lines from the speakers straight in to pin 3. Might wanna stick a small cap on for noise control, but it should work. Then I'd use a TPST switch so I could cut power to the amp as well as the two audio lines, so they're isolated from the amp (not that I would really expect any interference or extra power draw with the amp off, but it's easy to wire, so no biggy).

Back