The Envision - Tchay's Second Portable Gamecube - NEW PHOTOS

Re: The Envision - Tchay's Second Portable Gamecube - NEW PH

Oh thats nothing. I had a guy on youtube ask me to send it to him for free! He messaged me like 3 times.

He said he really needed it.

:p

il giv u leik 50 dollers 4 it !!!

but u hav 2 pay shipping 2. i men i cn get a psp 4 lik 50 dollers on craigslist, so i think its fair.

alright, guys, that's enough. I think the message has been sent.

New Envision video!

Explanation of the Envision:

Wait, how does it go to the wiikey menu automatically? :o

superben51 said:
Didn't somebody screw up pin 22 and pin 26 and have it auto load?

It is unintentional, but the Envision auto loads.

No idea how or why, but I must have wired something wrong, but everything else works fine so it doesn't matter to me :p

I'd say rip it open and check so the rest of us can do it but knowing you you'll just the fry the gamecube and have to start again. :trollface:

superben51 said:
I'd say rip it open and check so the rest of us can do it but knowing you you'll just the fry the gamecube and have to start again. :trollface:

Exactly. Plus I'm shipping it to a guy in Greece so now wouldn't be a good time to mess with internals :p

I got my wiikey booting automatically when it was on v1.0. When updated to v1.5, it stopped the "autoboot". Is it normal?

Yea, Wiikey always "autoboots" on FW 1.0

wow that looks amazing casually flicking though the net for something like this, I would like too know if you would think about selling copies of that amazing and sexy device, i have been looking for something like this for a long time and if you could create and sell me one <-- probably asking too much though
:awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

__xenome__ said:
wow that looks amazing casually flicking though the net for something like this, I would like too know if you would think about selling copies of that amazing and sexy device, i have been looking for something like this for a long time and if you could create and sell me one <-- probably asking too much though
:awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

I've been getting a LOT of people asking for copies of the Envision, so I will publicly reply for all to see.

As much as I would like to make more copies of the Envision and do commissions, in terms of the time and effort involved, it would not be worth it, to me, unless the price tag was very high.

I was happy to sell the Envision in the 900-1000 price range since the experience and notoriety are priceless, but those things aside, 1000 dollars is the bare minimum for justifying the amount of work I put into the Envision. Granted, a copy would be much less cumbersome and perhaps cut the hours of labor in half (under 50 hours?). One individual offered me a large sum of money to make a copy and I told him I would think about it. Another consideration is that the Envision was INCREDIBLY difficult to make. Theres a reason the Envision is the smallest 5" screen portable; making something with those dimensions is nearly impossible.

As such, I may consider making copies of the envision and buying parts in bulk if I get enough pledges (5-10 pledge minimum) at a very high price.
Which is unlikely. I think a lot of people would bite at the 600-700 range. And although the cost of parts is definitely below that range, the hours spent negate the entire effort (in terms of my own modding experience). Time is money, especially when I have a youtube series to film, new portables to make, auditions to prepare for, and palmers to manlove.

I'm sure some modders would love the commission opportunity and jump at it. But I have to be a little more selective about the whole process.

:)

you've been manloving palmers? How could you do this to me?

awesome stuff :)
what's "manlove palmers"?

the envision rules :) it's like a psp but for gamecube games only which rocks :)

the quality of the envision is superb, fantastic and awesome :)

it's not easy to reproduce that type of quality again and again in many copies

Back