The definitive GC motherboard trimming guide

hrrrmmm... At a glance, it looks like the updated pic you provided has the wrong Wii pin #'s on it again Zen ><;

@Ashen : you're right the wii pinout is wrong... I corrected it :
110524053003827995.png

Normally, it should work, but it would be better if someone verify it.

Been working up a new cut which can be seen below. I havent had time to test it yet but I'm 99% sure it should work the way I want it to. Reason I'm trying this cut is because it does not require the removal/relocation of the little transistor chips for the controller ports and it does not require soldering straight to the AV chip. all that stuff is left on. As you can see its not really much bigger than a OMGWTF cut. :)

DSCN0782.jpg

nice Trimming Ashen and Zenloc and everybody else who helped.
I will test the OMGWTF trim later his week.

I have a similar cut, you don't need the capacitor on the video lines or the audio for it to work, the other capacitors are probably for the s video signal so they might not be needed either. I just can't figure out what transistors you need for full 4 players and both memory card slots to work.

And I can't get the custom regulator to work either, I think I've got too much amp draw off the 08080 which is doing the 1.9v

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i208/MNDOGYDUDE105/100_1212.jpg

will an untrimmed motherboard fit in a JB-65? if not which cut do I need.

Dimensions of the case (L x W x H) (in / mm)
6.75 x 6.25 x 1.63 in. / 171.45 x 158.75 x 41.40 mm

amazing job guys! this makes me want to build a gamecube portable really bad..but theres no way will :lol:

peppie132 said:
will an untrimmed motherboard fit in a JB-65? if not which cut do I need.

Dimensions of the case (L x W x H) (in / mm)
6.75 x 6.25 x 1.63 in. / 171.45 x 158.75 x 41.40 mm

You won't need to trim.

FYI, one of the bigger pictures has the WRONG pinout numbers for the wiikey fusion.

The actual "pinouts" picture is correct, but the picture above it is different.

This might throw people off who use the picture with the wrong pinouts.

if you are referring to this pic:

GCTrimmingDiskDrive.jpg

This is Technott's own numbering scheme. It shows point to point connections from the connector to the via's. Not to be mistaken for Wiikey numbering.

I'll be updating the whole guide with new, better,clearer pics pretty soon when I'm done feeling super lazy.

Updated first post with some new, much clearer/cleaner pics. Will be doing some major renovating to the guide over then next few days. Added a new cut also.

Hrmmm, that's odd. It seems to be working for me. Anyone else that can't see it?

Just checked your guide again and it's much better!! Props for making it noob friendly. I'm busy with making a little guide for a Rev C board. I'll also make pics in a similar way to your guide that way you can add the info to your guide if you want.

Keep up the great work!! :mrgreen:

Thats awesome man! i'll gladly add it to this guide once you're done. I'm still in the process of updating. Close to being done now though. :D

Back