The Battop 360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by Batman, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Batman

Batman Member

This is my introduction and my first build. Hi my name is Batman and I live in America. I am interested in technology. Last year I built my own computer.

And today I present to you.....my first build...... The BatTop 360!

In case the name confused you, I am building a fully functional Xbox 360 laptop! It is going to have a batman theme. Follow below for my progress.

June 25 - I fully dissasembled a Xbox 360 Super Elite, a 250gb hard drive, and a xbox wifi module.

June 26 - Went to my local electronics store and I got several wires, connectors, and fans. I also found a new super slim replacment for the heat sink! With it installed, it will be less tall (I dont know the wording for that) than the dvd drive WITH the pegs removed. Pictures later!

Im glad I found modretro and the xbox 360 laptop!

2. Batman

Batman Member

I have a question, the heat sink i picked out ended up being too thick! Do you guys think this would work, or is it too small to cool the xboxs cpu?

3. superben51

superben51 Well-Known Member

You don't have a link...

4. Batman

Batman Member

5. superben51

superben51 Well-Known Member

There we go. How thick is it, Is the ruler in the picture cm or in, What is it made of and what's the RPM of that fan?

6. Batman

Batman Member

I think this is it, let me find the box

7. Batman

Batman Member

I found all the info for the fan. Its the ec4010m12s
    Amp: 0.07
    Rpm: 5000
    Voltage: 12v
    Cfm: 5.22

I realize that these a low, but I still intend to have more fans in the case. But do you think that this would keep te cpu from over heating?

8. ttsgeb

ttsgeb Breaker of Everything Staff Member

That looks like anodized aluminum. I'm pretty sure it's a chipset heatsink. It doesn't have near enough thermal mass or air displacement. With those specs, it would hardly keep an original xbox running.

How often do you see cm divided into 16ths?

9. Batman

Batman Member

The heat sink is copper, magnets dont stick

10. wolborg

wolborg Well-Known Member

June 26 - Went to my local electronics store and I got several wires, connectors, and fans. I also found a new super slim replacment for the heat sink! With it installed, it will be less tall (I dont know the wording for that) than the dvd drive WITH the pegs removed. Pictures later!

less tall=shorter

11. ttsgeb

ttsgeb Breaker of Everything Staff Member

Aluminum is also non-ferrous. If you have a heatsink that magnets stick to, you have a flaxty heatsink.

12. Batman

Batman Member

Option 2: I personally vote for this, but will it work? This was the original heatsink I got
    http://imgur.com/h88aA
    But it ended up being too wide, but then I thought and I came up with this idea. Get the heatsink off the other supersmall heatsink/fan and mount that under the bigger one. I came up with this
    http://imgur.com/UmbTe
    Do you think it will work?

13. Batman

Batman Member

14. thecasperrojas

thecasperrojas Well-Known Member

well i highly doubt it will work but give it a try just turn on the system and check the heat if both are almost the same heat it works, if the top one is cooler , quickly turn off the system and get a batter heat sink

15. Batman

Batman Member

I have been thinking, instead of that idea, what if I used a REAL copper piece that went under it? Like a copper shim for computers.

16. thecasperrojas

thats will work am 95% sure , can you give a picture idea so i can see and also let me know what size is the area around the heat sinks landing

17. thecasperrojas

still down to seen this baby finish

18. Batman

Batman Member

It will be eventually, I am just finding it hard to work on. Still haven't found a solution about the heat-sink.

19. thecasperrojas

Hello friend well you can use the copper heatsink from ebay that has and internal fan that will cool it down for i say 38c but its just a rough guess just check it out cuz i really want to see this finish also why not use the original one with a fan pulling in air on top of them

20. DuHasst0

DuHasst0 Well-Known Member