The afternoon projects thread

I took the source of my avvy, and cut, demuxed, remuxed, averaged, masked, vectorized, cropped, re-inserted, colorized, converted, and finally buried in soft peat for three months and recycled it as a firelighter to get a marginal increase in quality:
Old:
xLVMRAT.gif

New:
6GYlb0C.gif

And now I've centered it:
rw1CJ4v.gif

I might properly center it at full quality/resolution sometime in a fit of procrastination.

I made a ghetto temp control for my soldering iron.
It's just a dimmer wired to an outlet in a junction box that I mounted to my desk.
I used to use one that my dad made, but after I moved out he disassembled it to make something else so I made a new one.
Everything cost me ~$18.

EDIT apparently I forgot how to embed pictures so here's a link

http://imgur.com/d3wm4UT

That's such a great idea!!! Definitely gonna try this to complement my 10$ soldering iron :D . And it looks good too...

Thanks. Just make sure you unplug it when you aren't using it. The dimmer can heat up quite a bit and be a fire hazard.

Converted my old toaster into a solder reflow oven... I basically just cleaned it, put a thermometer in it and removed the annoying bell. Wanted to put a fan in there but I can't find a small heat resitant fan. Will eventually use a digital thermometer or a thermocouple. Right now I'm just using my normal oven thermometer because I'm too lazy to go buy another one.
20151216_210906_zps5hskykxx.jpg

Some stupid Sega spilled something sticky on my red DS phat. So I opened it, cleaned it, *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ed up the seating of the bottom display ribbon cable, got some weird palette issues, blew F2 while testing, and finished fixing it.
Pics tomorrow, gotta replace some arcade caps while my iron's hot.

ProgMetalMan said:
Some stupid Sega spilled something sticky on my red DS phat.

Remember this day, because one day, the thought of a Sega getting your flax sticky will be the thing you desire most in life.

It was my sister that got my DS sticky and I'm not snowpenguin.
Also, you say that like I'm not 2 months off of legal adulthood.

samjc3 said:
ProgMetalMan said:

Remember this day, because one day, the thought of a Sega getting your flax sticky will be the thing you desire most in life.

The biggest choice you make in life, is either registering on internet forums or losing your virginity.

Kickback said:
samjc3 said:
ProgMetalMan said:

The biggest choice you make in life, is either registering on internet forums or losing your virginity.
200_s.gif

ttsgeb said:
grossaffe said:
Kickback said:
samjc3 said:
ProgMetalMan said:

200_s.gif

QFT
metaQFT

So does that somehow apply retroactively then? Like, if prog loses his V-card, does his account disappear? Or if somebody who has done the dirty joins, are they magically a virgin again?

Back