The afternoon projects thread

ttsgeb said:
I replaced my cracked phone screen today.
It looks really pretty now... but the new touchscreen doesn't work. Not sure if I *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ed it up of the supplier did. Oh well.

Offhand did you use any LOCA or any other type of clear adhesive when you did this, or was this step already completed on the replacement you bought?

Groose: Absolutely. Best game of all time.

Wallydawg: I used a pre-cut black adhesive. I think the actual problem is a bad joint between the fcc and the pcb that the connector is on.

For a long time this Xbox would turn on randomly in the night, spooky. And for the past year we've used it on a switching power strip because the power button stopped turning the Xbox off. And now the Xbox wont turn on automatically when power is applied (like it was).

So I put a new power supply in it, which I figured was the root problem. And what do you know, the Xbox turns on again but the power button still doesn't work.

After some research apparently this is a common problem in original Xbox's, apparently the traces corrode. I guess Microsoft doesn't know how to make a console without problems. I've x-clamped and reflowed solder on more than my fair share of Xbox 360's.

So here's my fix:

PXjKJ8Cl.jpg

7mRlOuol.jpg

FMcIzQOl.jpg

And now it works, hooray.

Over the past few weeks i have been collecting guitar pedals. They were in a disorganized mess of wires on my floor. I decided to make a pedalboard using only scrap material I had laying around.
IGNORE!

y8dBrvIl.jpg

Top layer is elevated
Power supply is underneath. Its a 9v one I found laying around, wired in parallel to each pedal. No isolation on circuits, but I'm not getting any noise.

The ditto looper was a gift, but this pedalboard cost me less than $150 total including all pedals, cables, and materials.

The distortion and metal core are run in parallel, so It sounds like 2 playing at the same time.the order is

(In)>Distortion+metalcore>overdrive>danecho>looper>flanger>chorus>(out)

Here's the real kicker: I don't play guitar. I don't own a guitar. I play ukulele.

Bonus picture of my ukes
ZvhSPLRl.jpg

Zero said:
MFW mac

I figured it out though. Adding "L" "M" or "S" to the end of an imgur URL before the file extension changes the size.

For example:

/Bla.jpg is full size image
/Blal.jpg is large
/Blam.jpg is medium
/Blas.jpg is small

We might be outnumbered, but that doesn't change that we're the master race. #theonepercent

I needed an Aux-In in my sack of flax Hyundai, so I bought a $100 JVC unit and put it in today.

mfw the salesman tried to sell me a wiring harness :wtf:

mfw I'm so cheap I just cut the plug off. :awesome:

HSAGNjQh.jpg

Back