The afternoon projects thread

Discussion in 'Finished Projects' started by Basement_Modder, Jun 13, 2009.

1. grossaffe

grossaffe President Groosevelt Staff Member

I never liked up as jump. I can't give a good reason why it feels logical to me to use as the throw key, but maybe it helps if you notice that the first part of the throwing animation is her raising her hands in the air and the throw takes an upward trajectory.

2. Prog

Prog Not a Meme™ Staff Member

I want this and your collection of second millennium computers.

3. ttsgeb

ttsgeb Breaker of Everything Staff Member

Oh, flax, I just noticed the duct tape top hat. Did you use my incomplete tutorial for that? Because, Heck yeah.

4. ttsgeb

I replaced my cracked phone screen today.
    It looks really pretty now... but the new touchscreen doesn't work. Not sure if I *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ed it up of the supplier did. Oh well.

5. bentendo64

bentendo64 Active Member

Haha, I was not aware that you had one :)

6. ttsgeb

7. Prog

I demand duct tape fedora so that I can assert my dominance over my school's hipsters

8. ttsgeb

[​IMG]
    You do know I've done that before, right?

9. Prog

Excellent.

10. ttsgeb

That picture is from 2009. I wasn't wearing fedoras before anyone else, but I basically made them cool.

And then I stopped making them cool, now look at them. D:

11. Zero

Zero ModRetro Legend Administrator

Can't argue with that.

12. Prog

13. Kickback

Kickback Teen Idle Staff Member

Unless you are Don Draper, you probably shouldn't wear a Fedora.

how you think you look
    [​IMG]

verses how you probably look
    [​IMG]

geb gets a free pass cos it's duct tape and it's 2009 and geb does all sorts of crazy flax, but seriously dont do it

14. Prog

no its ok because the duck tape makes it ironical

15. ttsgeb

Meanwhile, I made the hat out of a completely unironic appreciation of trilbies and duct tape...
    And then more hipsters started wearing them, so I stopped. Then hipster neckbeards started wearing them, and I doublestopped.

16. Prog

Dangit
    I wish I could get away with headgear but I'll just look like one of the many tools in my school.

17. grossaffe

18. ttsgeb

I didn't think it was possible, but you have made a game surprisingly more enjoyable than either of the wonderful classics you have already miraculously pumped out.

19. grossaffe

You think so? I wasn't sure if this one sure how this one lived up compared to the Crazy Cat Lady. I really enjoyed speed-running in that one. This one did feel like it came out about as well as I could have hoped given the basic premise of the game. I can't help but feel, though, that the gameplay is just a demo of a greater game that wants to come out, and I have no idea what that game could be.

Thinking about it just now, I wonder if I could make a decent game with the same kind of player/AI interaction where you have to dodge traffic or something, but instead of just worrying about the NPC, you also need your own character to dodge traffic or whatever objects are being flung at you.

20. Bush

Bush sweet justice

What about a game where you direct traffic while also playing as pedestrians that have to get across the street?