Starting small

bud

DAT ASS
fUzssl.jpg

Getting smaller.

ßeta, have you experienced any difference in amp draw when running one on 3.7v?

How does the 3.3V line withstand that high of an overvolt? Also, if you are thinking about using an unregulated single cell Li-ion with this, that's not exactly wise; after a charge, a 3.7 battery spikes to ~4.2-4.5V, which I know is far too high.

Technically the amp draw should be lower, but if it's not spec'd to go that high it might not.

I believe he is running the main input (7.4v) with 3.7v and stepping it down to 3.3v for logic.

He chopped off the 7805, so he can run the pre-amp off of 3.7v. Good job, Bud.

Actually, I've just been saying "3.7" it's actually regulated 3.148v. Does the 3.3v line and the amp.

No, he chopped off the pre-Amp because it is not needed. With the proper filtering caps, you can run the audio (and video, for that matter) directly off of the U1. You then send that to your own amp. The pre-Amp distorts audio at anything below 5V.

I know he's shooting for a single cell; it saves space, which is the only reason you would ever cut down an N64 to begin with.

EDIT: Derp. Bud has spoken.

:wtf: Haven't you wired something up to the board? Pics? Have you done ANYTHING? What's the point of this thread then?

What, do you think I'm stupid or something? Of course I've wired it up, of course it works. Why the *Can'tSayThisOnTV* would I start a thread about a board that doesn't work? I took the wires off for clarity. Honestly, if you can't believe me when I say something works you have no business in this thread.

:rofl: No, I believe you. There is no reason to be mad, I was just wondering if you had made any progress on it. Maybe pics of it wired up, or a vid?

Awesome! Beta's cut is coming! I'll try to cut as small as I can on my second portable...

- mymixed

Back