SS's Wii Laptop; the ZNWii!

You can use a classic controller to navigate the menu's
Just build in the controller then the joystick and a-button

With a mod you can use a classic controller as a gamecube controller so you can navigate menus and play gamecube games with the same controller. I've never seen a mod to navigate the menus with a gamecube controller though, that would be nice.

bentomo said:
With a mod you can use a classic controller as a gamecube controller so you can navigate menus and play gamecube games with the same controller. I've never seen a mod to navigate the menus with a gamecube controller though, that would be nice.

Link? Does that need a custom MIOS or something?

I'm not up to snuff on wii modding, the only way I know it is palmer is using a classic controller in his portable wii and told me that he can control gamecube games with the classic controller using sundriver.

If Palmer's thingy doesn't work, you can just have both a classic controller and a GC controller in the system,all wired up to the same tacts. Just put a switch between the two controllers so it doesn't get confused, if you have to.

I suppose this is possible, the classic controller board is very small and would take minimal space, I suppose it's a good work around for people who want to keep their wii official and not have to bother with modded firmware.

Oh, I thought you meant a software method. If I remember right, what Palmer was planning was similar to what Toast described, but I could be wrong.

Basement_Modder said:
BUT THEN YOU NEED WIIMOTES! :gonk:

If you mean batteries for the Wiimote...then you can always get rechargeables. xD

I used to spend around $100 a year in batteries.

I'm really liking this Wii laptop, no mattter what other people say.
It would be nice if you could output the image to a TV through component/HDMI cables (Wii2HDMI)
and plug an external IR Sensor bar for such tv.

If only I had the skills to do this... :p

Kaneco said:
If you mean batteries for the Wiimote...then you can always get rechargeables. xD

It would be nice if you could output the image to a TV through component/HDMI cables (Wii2HDMI)

You could just make and carry around a wireless sensor bar in the same bag, and as for the video out, it would have actually been really easy to add composite/component video out plugs, but I'm sure SS just didn't want to.

By the way SS, I'm sure you might already be aware, but if you install BootMii, you could then run Gecko OS or something to boot Gamecube games directly without needing a Wiimote. Convenient for when you run out of batteries.

I really didn't want to add any plugs, as I had none. :dah: But I'm going to be installing a headphone jack sort of thing, because I have one of those cables from an old camera that would work. I totally own 3 wireless sensor bars.

Yeah, I could do that, but I have a stockpile of AA's.

SS

Kaneco said:
Basement_Modder said:
BUT THEN YOU NEED WIIMOTES! :gonk:

Hey Kaneco, remember me? :p

Hey Mako fancy meeting you here! xD

Small world, eh?

I'm also part of the benheck forums, but I found this one through SS's youtube channel to see some of the projects.

Back