SS's Wii Laptop; the ZNWii!

I didn't see this until now. Pretty sweet. I like the lack of a disc drive and the SunDriver. Feature-wise, it's excellent. Aesthetics are okay, it's kind of rough in places but pretty slick overall. Nice!

Impressive, SS. Only thing that bothers me is the choice of hinge. This lappy would look great with some friction hinges from McMaster.

J.D said:
It doesn't belong on Engadget - the people there are idiots.

Commenters on both Engadget and Joystiq are retards. Most all of them were just hating on the looks and saying Ben's was better because the case looked nicer, while completely ignoring the battery and size of SS's. Can't say I'm too surprised.

I will admit however the guy who said "Is this made by the pyromaniac sporting a bowl cut that is linked after the video? " made me lol.

Didn't make any sort of worklog or take any internal pics, I might next time I open it up though, if I do, that is.

Also, just saw that my ZNWii got on dem blog sites. Checked my google ads thingy. Made $15 in the last two days. SQUEE'd a little. Also as far as commenters go? HATERS GONNA HATE.

SS

Just saw this on engadget, excellent work as usual SS, well done. Didnt even know the sundriver existed. I know my Wii's getting one soon now though. Btw, what does the Wii draw at 12v while using the hard drive?

techknott said:
Just saw this on engadget, excellent work as usual SS, well done. Didnt even know the sundriver existed. I know my Wii's getting one soon now though. Btw, what does the Wii draw at 12v while using the hard drive?

I'll have to get some numbers today, I'm planning on measuring voltage, draw and battery life ala bentomo later.

SS

Managed to get 3 hours worth of battery life, and this battery is weaker than my previous GCp's batteries, of which I could only manage to get 2 hours worth.

Wii > GC

I will probably never use a GC for a GCp ever again.

SS

Back