Some questions about frankencasing and batteries

Hugo_Peters

Graphics Designer
Hello world,

I have not been active for like, 1 - 2 years? Now that I'm kinda more experienced I want to retry making a GC portable! I'm going to do it differently than before though, I'm first going to gather all information possible and a lot of tools and what not like alligator clips, etc.

My first questions are about frankencasing and batteries:
Would this epoxy work for welding parts together? Is there anything else I need? Or can I just put this stuff on there, let it dry and maybe do another coating and then paint?
http://www.ebay.nl/itm/JB-Plastic-Weld- ... 1048774850

About batteries: what batteries are small, long lasting, (kind of) safe to solder on, have a overcharge protection circuit and are relatively cheap (and shipping to the Netherlands as well)?

Thanks in advance!

I just got my batteries today, I ordered a 6amp capacity battery pack from Talentcell on Amazon. After lots of deliberating, I went with these because they are li-ion, come with a charger specifically made for them, have a built in protection circuit, are able to output 3 amps (meaning it can definitely support the gc), and are relatively high capacity. Additionally, they are 12v, so I don't have to build a custom regulator for my gc. For me this was important because I'm using the dol101 model. They also offer the ability to charge while also playing, which a lot of custom battery builds seem to have trouble with for some reason. I put the link at the bottom. I assume you can order from Amazon? If not, the talentcell website might have it.

As to the epoxy, that is exactly what I was going to order. I mistakenly bought plastic epoxy that has the consistency of hot glue when cured. Obviously I couldn't sand it because it was sort of squishy. That jb weld was exactly what I planned to order because it works on the type of plastic my case is and it claims to be sandable :).

I know this post is old, but this comes up when looking up frankencasing, so I'm leaving this here for anyone else who is curious.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MF70BPU/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_SbyMxbHJYG9CB

Back