Smartphone speakers or regular?

My main question on this subject is are smartphone speakers better to use on a portable then regular store bought speakers? And if so, do I need an audio bosster for it?. Thanks for your help

Smartphones are designed with very specialized circuitry specific to the individual speakers to make them seem louder. There's also a lot of engineering for acoustic amplification involved (as an example, put a headphone speaker in a paper towel tube). Just on their own in a general purpose application, they aren't likely to be of much use.
https://www.engadget.com/2013/11/04/nxp-reveals-tfa9895-speaker-audio-chip/
Just as a casual example.

Smartphone speakers are generally low-wattage too, so they would not work very well most amplifiers you can buy.

Thanks again for your input on this subject. Which type of speakers should I look into with a clean and clear sound quality? And i know I am being redundant(sry about that) but would I still need an audio amp for the speakers?

Yes, you would need an audio amplifier no matter what. That is the only way you will have clear audio with volume control. The kind of speakers that you use depends on what amplifier you have. It's good to have speakers that are rated at least 1 watt.

Back