Slot loading PSoneP!

eurddrue said:
No, I think he was talking about the dude in the youtube video, Bibin.
yeahthat.gif

Besides, Killgood's isn't done yet. :wink2:

BLAZE YOU PIECE OF CANDY!

Waaaaay off topic :p epic, have you made ANY progress on this? Don't mean to be a downer, but how long have you been working on this? It seems that you've made no progress :neutral2:

Or maybe he just hasn't posted any of the progress he's made.
Maybe he's finished with it.
Maybe its epic.
Maybe you're right and no progress has been made and I will look like an idiot the second epicelite shows up. (Won't be the first time. :p )

I don't know, but I'm very impatient for EE to get this done. I want to see how he fared with it, as I want to do the same with a PS2 I have.

I just need to find a cheap/free slot-loading drive. Saw some $5 mac drives, but I'm broke.

Basement_Modder said:
Too broke for $5? Whaaaaaaaaaaat?????

Also-you could get things cheaper if they're broken. :wink3:
That is not a wink. That is a wry smile. ;) is a wink.

Basement_Modder said:
Too broke for $5? Whaaaaaaaaaaat?????
Yeah. I've been spending waaaay too much on modding/video game nonsense. >_>
Basement_Modder said:
Also-you could get things cheaper if they're broken. :wink3:
True, but with a slot-loading disc drive, I really don't want to risk not being able to mod it properly. I want it in working condition so that when it does stop working, I can find out what I did wrong rather than trying to tell if it was because of my repairs or my mod.

Well, all you would need is the "slot load" essence of it, so buying one that has a broken laser/ spindle (aka "doesn't read discs") wouldn't be of any harm.

I will get mah disc drive for moddin' any day now! ::3:

Can anyone tell me what all was used to make this? It might help.

Hitachi-iMac042.jpg

Looks like 8 resistors, 3 transistors, 1 capacitor (2?) 1 IC, and one mystery component. Possibly a capacitor? I've seen those before but don't remember what they're called.

Now, tell us the colors on the resistors, the numbers on the transistors, and the number on the IC and we should be able to help you more :)

I want to say it's just a ceramic axial capacitor. No idea what the ratings are, though. Try asking the guy who took the picture for information about this project.

eurddrue said:
Now, tell us the colors on the resistors, the numbers on the transistors, and the number on the IC and we should be able to help you more :)
He got the image from the guy who made a slot-loading xbox, methinks. He doesn't have it with him or anything.

Ok I got it today. ::3:

How can I remove the little cap on the spindle motor of the PSone that holds the CD in place without breaking it? :confused:

OK! The only things I need to figure out are.

How do I mount the PSone laser/spindle assembly at the correct height to the slot loading mechanism?

What do I add to a 555 Timer to make it run a motor for like 2-3 seconds in either direction with a button push.

How do I get the disc holding part off the PSone drive without damaging it, then replace it with a different one? DONE!

Back