Show us your desktop!

The more I look at my desktop the more I want to make the vector smoother.
Anyone know how to do that?

9Vf28HT.jpg

i bought a new ssd and upgraded to windows me 10

No that's Bianca Del Rio

It's probably the latest version of uTorrent. I don't really use it much anyway

Kickback said:
No that's Bianca Del Rio

Disgusting. They added a bitcoin miner to their flax that steals CPU cycles in the later releases - it's possible they've removed it given the backlash, but even if they have, *Can'tSayThisOnTV* them, you should use something else that isn't developed by dishonest buttheads. qBittorent is very similar, but not evil.

As is Deluge.
muTorrent does all sorts of shady flax.
Then again, we use Windows 10

samjc3 said:
Kickback said:
No that's Bianca Del Rio

Disgusting. They added a bitcoin miner to their flax that steals CPU cycles in the later releases - it's possible they've removed it given the backlash, but even if they have, *Can'tSayThisOnTV* them, you should use something else that isn't developed by dishonest buttheads. qBittorent is very similar, but not evil.

I've been more and more annoyed at the annoying "please install this" in every new version but had no idea they secretly installed stuff.

Thanks for the heads up.

ProgMetalMan said:
How does Windows 10 work for you? I found it to be woefully unstable.

Brand new computer. Came with windows 8.1 and I got the update like an hour after I turned it on. W10 has been *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing amazing for me. It's nice and fast. As soon as I can figure out how to get my graphics card drivers, I'l be switching to some version of Debian.

Ironically I'm the president of my Universities Free Software Group, so I can't really be seen using windows :p

Yeah, I had a lot of problems with NVidia and Intel Management Engine drivers, so I put on a fresh copy of Windows 7 which is nice and fast (the Windows 10 was an upgrade to an already bloated system). The stability pushed me over the line, though I was growing discontent with the tracking and splitting of the control panel (carried over from Windows 8's splitting of the entire UI).

Qq5hjZX.png

Replaced some applications, cleaned up a bit, got rid of the compression that Windows adds for no reason

You know, I just noticed the icon set. A+
Do you have the sounds set to classic sounds, too? What about the boot screen? I want to know how far this goes.

Windows 98 sounds, mostly. Kept the mail notification sound from Windows 7 but used the 98 mail sound for UAC. On boot, the Windows 95 startup sound plays (a denoised version, IIRC) and when you log into my account you hear the old soundblaster CTMELODY.wav thunder clap. There are HD 95 clouds on the login screen, too. Active programs in the taskbar have text as they did before 7 and such. When I used Waterfox I had an icon that I had made with the IE4 palette and an appropriate amount of pixels that looked amazing. Though the start menu is currently Classic Shell, I replaced the flag icon bitmap in the system dlls so it would still look like that without CS.
Unfortunately I did not replace any of the global icons because it's a shared PC, and I never did the boot animation for several reasons.
More pics... Tomorrow.

Back