shenmue dreamcast

Ok guys im working on my second custom console ( i havnt finished my first but hey)
i am doing a shenmue themed dreamcast not the most original idea but seen as i might try selling this one i want to make it more sellable.
and since shenmue is synonymous with dreamcast and i love the game i thought it was the best idea

ok so i want help with the colour scheme guys and also what hard mods to install ie is the sd mod worth the effort!?
how about vga?

the basic idea is as follows

shenmue in japanese writing (cutout across middle ) done
shenmue in english underneath (cutout) in progress
i wanted a sky blue colour for the shell but i dont know what colours would suit best i have to put perspex in place of the cutouts and also have to figure out the best colour for this

i have cutout four small holes for an led mod under the lid

will post pics asap any idead guys ???

i've seen the difference the vga mod makes and i think it's worth it.

i initially wanted to suggest you paint it so the top is the bottom and the bottom is the top because the only way i've gotten that game to work in any of my dreamcasts was to flip it upside down as a joke.

i think if you have a way to airbrush paint you could try skyblue on one side and royal blue on the other and have it fade because that's what it looks like on the shenmue game insert. could even gold leaf a dragon design on the round part on top. are you thinking of just doing the lettering in japanese or are you thinking both english and japanese?

Back