Shank's Mod Pack: Perfect Wii in 15 minutes! [Pack+Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dyxlesci Mod: Perfect Wii in 15 minutes! [Pack + Gui

Excellent, I have used Wiiflow and abz mastermod, and the mastermod is large. What are the difference between your version and the mastermod as this is so much smaller?

I read the instructions, why install ios236? d2x-cios-installer can install the cios. I use complete softmod guide when I softmod wiis.

Now what's missing is a wiiflow interface that is better suited for the gamecube controller :)

Wiiflow works just fine with the gamecube controller. C stick and d pad can be used to navigate through menus.

Aside from a tremendous reduction in size, I have added a few files, such as
-cios wads for easy install
-placed nintendon't and other files in the correct install locations (he has them included but you pick and choose what you want to unzip and install)
-configured settings to preferred settings, such as force loading cios, using the nintendont as preferred launcher, memory card emulation, and ensuring all the settings played nice with eachother

CIOS 236 allows easier installing of wads. Useful for installing the included wads, or other wads you may encounter.

This is fine as long as none of this contains copyrighted Nintendo content like we discussed.

If there are files that shouldn't be posted due to copyright, let me know and I'll host it for you so that if you simply Google "Dyxlesci mod pack" it'll come up but have no direct affiliation with ModRetro.

I'm really unsure if this contains copyright files. Someone more knowledgeable should let me know the legality of this pack.

The IOS are not completely legal to share, the rest should be fine

sigh... I remember the days of the Twilight Hack. Don't remember if I ever used it, but I distinctly remember using bannerbombv1.

Excellent, I have used Wiiflow and abz mastermod, and the mastermod is large. What are the difference between your version and the mastermod as this is so much smaller?

I read the instructions, why install ios236? d2x-cios-installer can install the cios. I use complete softmod guide when I softmod wiis.

Now what's missing is a wiiflow interface that is better suited for the gamecube controller :)

Hello.
Sorry... not sure if this is the right place for questions.
could somebody point me in the right direction
Thanks
have problems with installing this pack.

You'll want to use PortablizeMii on BitBuilt if you are wanting to use a Wii in any sort of project.

Thanks Noah.
I am a Nooobbbb here. May have a few questions .
Some of them could be stupid.

So... how do i configure the roms and the covers.
Like for SNES - i have the SNES folder in the root .
Should i put covers in the same folder or i can downlos them.

Could this pack be booted with no SD card, right from the USB

Yes, it is designed to only be used with USB.

Covers can be downloaded as long as you still have the wifi chip enabled.

Maybe i missed it but i can not find how t set up an emulator.
Can you point me to the guide, let say SNES for example.

Oah... it is for the PortablizeMii Pack? Right?
I was looking some guidance for setting up emulators for the Shanks pack?Can you point me anything.
Or maybe i should try the PortablizeMii Pack?
Except it has a limited number of emulators

Shank's pack is outdated. The PortablizeMii pack is really your best option since it is fully up to date.
Shank's pack is outdated. The PortablizeMii pack is really your best option since it is fully up to date.

I really would like to try it but i have already a HBC installed.
Would the PortablizeMii work on previously modded Wii?
Modded with "Softmod any Wii".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back