Selling: GameCube Portable in a GameBoy Case

Discussion in 'The Junkyard' started by Wrath, May 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wrath

Wrath Member

Just put it up on eBay. The Buy it Now price is $1250, but if you shoot me an offer on here I'll give it for much less.
    https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/162072166485

It's an awesome portable. Playing GameCube like a gameboy just feels right. Shoot me a pm or something, i would prefer if someone on here wanted it, that way I can get out of the stupid eBay fees :p

The portable runs off wall power and comes with the power chord. I'll also throw in a 16 GB SD card with whatever games you want.

Last edited: May 16, 2016
  2. samjc3

samjc3 #1 Female Member

Not in the market myself, but that looks like very solid work. Did you build it yourself, or was it a commission? Any internal pictures?

3. Wrath

Wrath Member

Nope, I actually purchased it from gman. You can find him on YouTube as gmanmodz, I assume his name is something similar on here.

I do have some internal pictures but I would have to do some serious digging. I'll take a look but I can't make any promises ;)

EDIT: Found some. They're pretty low quality but it's something.

http://m.imgur.com/NrRhjVB
    http://m.imgur.com/eXRIcCN
    http://m.imgur.com/DZLX4nj

Last edited: May 16, 2016
  4. jmb57

jmb57 Member

how much less??

5. Wrath

Wrath Member

I would watch it go for $900

Last edited: May 18, 2016
  6. Diminuendo

Diminuendo Well-Known Member

7. Wrath

Wrath Member

8. Diminuendo

It seems to me that between 3 forums (that I know of) and an Ebay auction no-one can afford to buy it for that high.

9. Wrath

Wrath Member

Which is why I continue to drop the price. Someone will buy it eventually, don't you worry.

10. jmb57

jmb57 Member

I agree that price is way too high especially since the GC is tethered to a wall outlet. If it had batteries you would have a better chance to sell it.

11. Prog

Prog Not a Memeā„¢ Staff Member

Enough price policing.

ttsgeb likes this.
  12. Diminuendo

It's not price policing; Ashen sold a better quailty 2nd hand portable for a third of the price (I love Gmans work but it's true, at the very least Ashens had batteries).

Notifying the seller of that gives them the chance to set the price closer to similar portables, which makes a more appealing purchace for potential buyers.

I'm not forcing Wrath to change his price, but it's pretty clear he has had no luck selling it at the current price point.

13. wallydawg

wallydawg Active Member

Ashens is a Demi-God and has no need for Earthly monetary values. IIRC Gman charges around $1000 for commissions so the price is fine. You do you, Wrath.

ttsgeb likes this.
  14. Noah

Noah Frequent Poster

Ashen's wasn't in a DMG. The fusion micros didn't have batteries so stop pulling facts out of your ass. It's apples and oranges. Two very different sizes.

As a person who has several pieces of work from Gman, he makes some real quality stuff and this is a very fair price.

Last edited: May 21, 2016
  15. Diminuendo

There is a difference between ordering a comission and purchacing a comissioned piece second hand - the former will obviously be more expensive.

The thread I linked was selling a Fusion rev 4, which had batteries for $350. I'm not pulling any fact out of my ass.

16. Noah

Noah Frequent Poster

Ashen has been known to let portables go for $200 before. It's nothing new really. They also weren't his best work and he has said on numerous occasion that he sold them for what he put into production.

Yeah, comparing the Rev. 4 to this unit is pulling facts from your ass. The two are nothing alike, size or otherwise, and you're just bullying Wrath by saying he'll never sell it for what he's asking.

This isn't a commissioned unit. If you had no interest in purchasing it you shouldn't have posted tbh.

17. Diminuendo

I posted a link to a recent sale of a GC portable, that is not pulling facts out of my ass. If you disagree with the evidence I have provided I challenge you to produce a more recent link of a sold GC portable with a price closer to Wraths asking price. If you're going to call my evidence out you can at least provide your own.

And yeah, they are very alike - they are both GC portables with a wiikey fusion that use 3ds slider instead of analoge sticks. In fact, other than the shape of the portable Ashens portable has every feature Gmans has and more.

And again Gman is an amzaing portabliser but for gods sake, it doesn't have batteries, and have you seen how that speaker is placed? It doesn't even have speaker holes.

Last edited: May 22, 2016
  18. Noah

Noah Frequent Poster

19. Diminuendo

I can quote myself too

Last edited: May 22, 2016
  20. jmb57

jmb57 Member

It's only worth between 400-600 if you are lucky to get that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.