Schematic NUS-CPU-04, NTSC (1996,1997)

I have mostly completed schematics from a while ago... think I got them from someone else and I tried to make it myself too. I'll post them later today when I get home.

Great job. Is this still going anywhere or is it DOA? I have a mod that would work great if the mono was a different shape.

Not sure where else the schematic is supposed to go? Aside from getting all of the SMT decoupling values, which is a tedious and time consuming task, the schematic is complete.

There aren't too many shapes that the PCB can be and still have the room needed for everything.

I started on a new PCB design around the same time, but for the amount of time and effort that it would take to complete it's not really worth it. Doing a one off like this takes a great deal of time and effort, and if you have something specific in mind there for it to be designed as, then it takes even more as that would have to be looked over and any issues with it (which there will be) sorted out before even trying to make a prototype of it.

At some point I plan to make one, just too many other things going on presently to get into this project full bore.

Mostly I figured, if one was going to take the time to create a new pcb, then you might as well incorporate the jumperpack ends into the board.

Also I misread the timestamp on when this was posted and thought it was older than it was (silly me). Still learning the forum I guess.

If I make a new PCB, then the second RAM chip and/or termination Resistors will just be installed on that board. There's no real reason to have a jumper pak at all as it will only add to the limits of how a new PCB could be used as you'd have to deal with having that connector in a somewhat useable location.

That takes away somewhat of the fact that then just anyone couldn't install their expansion pak, but for the persons that will or would be doing this kind of thing then it's better to just do that on the board level with the redesign and then you're done with it.

Back