Samsung Galaxy SII components

Discussion in 'Mobile' started by wattm, Sep 10, 2013.

1. wattm

wattm Newb

Hi,
    I have a Galaxy S2 which stopped working and since I have a new phone I'd like to be able to disassemble(Already done) and use it's components independently. I have no experience in the DIY world, so I'd like to know what pieces of hardware(Like arduino or Raspberry pi) would I need to be able to display anything i want on the screen or use it's camera without having to use it as a phone.

Thanks.

2. vskid3

vskid3 Well-Known Member

Stopped working meaning...?

The only components you'll likely be able to reuse are the speakers and battery.

3. wattm

wattm Newb

I don't know for sure. It just stopped working, but it's not like it exploded or I dropped it in the sink.

Isn't it possible to use the cameras and screen? How would it be possible to connect them to my pc?

4. vskid3

vskid3 Well-Known Member

The most useful thing to do would be fixing it, if possible.

It is possible to use the screen and camera for other things. However, that type of project falls under the "if you have to ask, you probably can't" category. I'd get to Googling to see if anyone else has done it.

5. pCubeX

pCubeX Member

You probably just hard bricked your phone. Your best bet is to get a USB jig and seeing if that fixes it. Other than that you just have fancy paperweight.