RCP WHAT!@?

Sure. I've been bending the boards I've done so far where the blue line is. But I'm sure you could bend it all the way down to the red line in the pic below with no trouble, especially if you ditch the 7805 and those caps near it. it'll make it thicker though, unless you do like a 120 bend or something. There's really nothing on the back of the board thats super critical besides power traces, which can always be easily relocated.

XPmZj.jpg

I can confirm that the red line bend works. I did one yesterday. I actually meant to go a tad closer, but whatevs.

SonyQrio said:
Please explain how you bend a board. Is it a score and snap type deal?
Score the back of the PCB with a razor blade until you're roughly halfway through (I made 10-15 passes with my blade putting moderate pressure on the board as I swiped) and then CAREFULLY snap the remaining PCB forward and bend to your desired position. Epoxy/Hot glue it in place.

βeta said:
Could you bend even closer to the RCP, also bending the lines to the CPU?
I'm sure you could, I'd just be wary of snapping one of those horizontal CPU traces.

After taking off the capacitors on the right side of the
Board did you have to rewire anything or a lot of things?

I'm going to find you and beat you to death with your enter key.

You can pretty much just cut them off, you just have to wire up A/V in a different place.

I had a problem with my n64 after I did this. The problem was that only half of my games would boot. I fixed it by wiring the 3.3v and the 12v line to the cart slot. So if anyone has any problems like I did, than you might just have to wire up the cart slot.

IMG_20120805_231914.jpg

Back