Raspberry Pi Zero Announced

Fluxedo

$5 Linux computer that's the same speed as previous Pi family members.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/raspberry-pi-zero/

rsz_img_4054.jpg

Don't worry guys it still has composite video :p

Looks like a near perfect option for modders as well wanting to make portable emulators.

$5 lol.

kek This is what a 2B costs us in Canada.

Keep in mind that this doesn't include shipping, which is usually upwards of $30.

q1MFvyy.png

The Canadian dollar has been getting pretty low, so that 48 CAD is equivalent to 35 USD... And shipping is most often from the US so we have to pay for international shipping + whatever bullflax taxes at the customs.

I just bought my Pi 2B and then this comes out... Great. A 1GHz processor but not nearly as much RAM as the 2B.

So speaking of the raspberry pi family, is there any plan to add a raspberry pi section to the forum?

I'm in no way close to educated on them but have been messing around with putting together a retro console with the Pi 2 model B for Emulation ( I know that's a dirty word here) But have seen plans where people have been making portables using Pis. There is obviously a lot of information throughout this forum that is very useful to aid in building one i.e: frankencasing, soldering, powering, etc.

I know there is a lot of information and how-to's spread throughout the internet covering this type of stuff, but it seems that it would be the perfect thing to have on this site. I remember it being brought up about maybe adding a sub-forum on the raspberry pi when the wiki-page for retro modding was being talked about. Just didn't know if it was something coming or not.

thanks

That's a great idea, and it would help attract people to the forums. The raspberri Pi projects I've seen so far were all in the General information subforums and it's a real shame to have them burried there...

Do the mods have the power to do it? I doubt Palmer has any time for Modretro. And if there is anything I can do myself I would be glad to help.

Any admins can do it. (Palmer, Mario, Zero, Grossaffe)
We've been discussing new forums. Something will happen.

Some people have misconstrued me saying "new forums" as a new website.
I meant new ModRetro forums, as in Forum 47, NES, SNES. Adding Pi/Arduino and such to that lineup.

Back