Quick Question laptop sound issue

I have a toshiba satalite L755D-S5279 laptop.
The issue I'm having with this one is that my sound cuts off every 6mins, but if I put my headphones in the headphone jack and pop it out; it works again any suggestions on fixing the sound issue? I don't want to toss out a 690$ laptop. The other issue is the dvd drive. It won't read disc properly no more. I think it's the laser that went bad. Computer see it fine.

And I'm new to the forum, been a follower of Shockslayer on YouTube for a while and Hellraiser. I got soldering down, but need some input before I rip open my laptop (already pass warranty) lol

Hello!
Welcome to ModRetro!

If it is 6 minutes on the dot it is more likely a software issue than hardware,
Re-install the sound driver(s).

As for the DVD drive,
What exactly happens when you insert a disc?
Does it spin up?
Weird noises?
Does your laptop recognize the drive?

You can replace the DVD drive fairly painlessly if it does in fact need to be swapped out.

It's spins and spins then a click sound...., but doesn't read properly then lags my system down. I tried backed up CDs/DVDs retail DVD and CDs. I also tried my retail windows 7 home premium DVD works for 2mins then drops and spins then system lags.

So that's how i got the extra space on my desktop til I figure out; how to fix the drive. Im using it as a slave drive :) my desktop has as the moment 2.5tb of space :D

Til I figure out what to do for the drive it's just collecting dust (3months collecting dust).

Back