[Question] SegaCard slot or help with a custom made slot

DrWho198

I'm in the process of making a GGTV mod.
It's actually almost finished and I'm now doing the case modding to make it look like a real TV gaming console. I'm not going for the already existing 'Master System I' look. I find it more appropriate to keep the look of it's own 'sub'-generation, just like Sega would have released when they made a TV version of the GG at the same time. Or in other words, in sync with the style of the Master System II, Genesis 1, Nomad and Game Gear itself.

now, on with my question. I'm planning to make a sms adaptor to plug in sms games. Making one wouldn't be that hard when I cannibalize a cheap GG cart and add a Master System slot ontop. But the part that troubles me is the next one;

Call me crazy but I wish to add a slot for the SegaCard. Technically possible to do, as long as you have a slot. And that's the hard part -_-".
Does anyone have an idea how to get a slot for these without spending too much money? This project is a costly one already. Or does anyone have experience in making slots themselves?
The card pinout looks like this:

card.png

I'm not sure if anything that is fairly common uses these kind of pin layouts.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

For those interested, here is a picture of the console now and a picture of my design/concept art. Looking back at the design my mod looks a bit different but I might still fiddle with the shape a bit.

I've been waiting for someone to make a portable into a tv console.
I was thinking of doing the same with a gba at some point.

Good work : ) it looks very authentic.

Back