psp with blank screen but audio

Discussion in 'Screens' started by pogopat, Apr 20, 2012.

1. pogopat

pogopat Member

I use this forum often but rarely put posts on.
    I'm always looking for ideas for modding various older consoles.
    My problem is with my daughters psp that unlike mine hasnt been modded in anyway.....
    When she plays umd movies the screen is blank but the audio is fine but when on the home screen or playing a game the screen is fine.
    Do you think its the laser?
    Ive not taken the psp apart in any way so could be dust/dirty etc i guess.
    Any idea's????

2. superben51

superben51 Well-Known Member

It could be something simple like a wrong setting or something very complicated like a problem in the bios. Try to play a movie off of the sd card and if that works we will at least narrowed down the problem. It is unlikely that it is the disc drive seeing as you said it works for games.

3. vskid3

vskid3 Well-Known Member

Check to see if the video out is enabled, that might be messing something up. Check the video settings while its playing. Other than that, there's nothing I can think of that would make movies not work but still let games work.

4. pogopat

pogopat Member

Really odd but solved it. Didn't think there would be any more updates for Psp's since last did it for my daughter but there was and it solved problem.
    Non the wiser to how it happened because she wouldn't have messed with any advanced setting.
    Just thought let anyone else who has similar problem to try that first
    Thanks for replies.... Guess must of been some setting like you said.