PSP-Style Joystick Mod

The distance from the center of the joystick to the edge of the circle is about 4mm. Would this be the travel distance you are looking for palmer?? Or would it be 4-(half the width of the stick)?

I am talking about how many mm of movement you get when moving the stick to the side. So, measure how much distance between a centered joystick and a fully pushed over one there is.

woah! thats great travel! i think im gonna use those on my super secret project! i currently have it hooked up with psp analogs, but i dont really like em. these look much better.

frozener, i <3 you

quick question: do any of these mini joysticks have a pushbutton like a xbox or playstation controller?

mako321 said:
maybe just put the pcb the analog will be on on top of a big clicky tact.
ive tried that. i dont get enough resistance. its easy to click, and a pain when trying to just use the stick. i had some rubber around it too, but between what i had on hand, everything was either too hard or too soft to work well. im probably just gonna use two tacts above the sticks or something. no game really requires holding the stick down, right? (ps1, ps2, and xbox original)

zeturi said:
I suppose you're working on a ps2 portable then, Sam? :lol:
yes and no. that will come into play later. :awesome:

I feel this mod is in need of a name.
:ninj:If anyone hasn't thought of it yet, my unofficial term for this is the "Genius Mod," by name and by premise.

I agree with SS. To say that it is a PSP joystick mod is misleading because it's not actually a PSP stick. PSP-Style Joystick Mod will have to do for now. Thanks for the praise E.L.K. But I assure you, minimal genius was involved. :awesome:

Back