Ps2 portable screen questions

Hey ive been lurking on this forum for a while now and finally decided to build my own portable. I came across this 7 inch lcd screen with the perfect resolution and power consumption for a ps2 portable. The only issue I have with it is that it sends the video signal through a ribbon cable. Can I use this still or are ribbon cables out of the question?

Screens will need to be driven by a driver board made and programed for the specific screen that will convert the signal from the PS2 into one that is made for the screen. Without a driver board, you cannot make a screen work for your functions. If you are looking for a 7" 480*800 screen, I know of several that come with drive boards, and I can link them. Do you want to use composite, or component video?

I want to go with composite video because ive heard its easier to work with and if you could link some good screens id really appreciate it

Well, the reason Shank asked is that different screens support different inputs. Component will look better, but it can be a little more difficult (4 wires to the console instead of 2) and generally the screens tend to be a bit more expensive, or at least they did. I'm not sure which one(s) he intends on linking.

Back