PS1 screen bleeding

Discussion in 'Screens' started by Ishwhale, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Ishwhale

Ishwhale Well-Known Member

Hey guys, it's been a while. I recently picked up a PSone with the screen included. I turned it on only to see that the initial screen was a greenish tint and all of the colors sort of seemed to bleed to the right. I did the green tint fix from Ben Heck where you rewire RGB to the caps on the back side. THe first time I turned it on it was back to normal but every time after that it had the same problem. There was one time where I was playing Rainbow Six and had nightvision turned on through a whole level and then turned it off and there was no more bleeding. I have included a pic below so you can kind of see what I mean. If anyone knows what is causing this or if it's fixable it'd be awesome.
    Thanks
    [​IMG]

2. bud

bud DAT ASS

Finger the back of the circuit board for a while. You may be able to single out a bad component which may need to be jumped. Licking your finger helps when doing this :p

3. ShockSlayer

ShockSlayer Probably SS

"The original benheck method!"

4. Bibin

Bibin Frequent Poster

Try putting some resistors (strong ones) between your R, G, and B lines to ground. I had an N64 doing this on a different screen and draining a tiny bit of the signal to ground helped.