Protobug's second GCP

Ok thank you that's awesome, i ordered a wasp and a megadrive from badassconsoles.
What about emulators, can you use emulators on sd gecko ?

Protobug said:
Ok thank you that's awesome, i ordered a wasp and a megadrive from badassconsoles.
What about emulators, can you use emulators on sd gecko ?

Yes you can use the emulators on the SD gecko :) that was originally the only way (besides burning them to mini-dvd) to run them until WKF/WASP came along, its main crux (the WKF/WASP) is that the card slot is read only

Hi guys !

I finished my case design and it is now printing :)
please take a look :

I now have a few questions regarding the wasp/sed gecko combo.
I read a lot of topics on Gcforever and modretro and there are a few things that i don't quite understand ...

- Is swiss just another interface of the wkf for the gamecube ? or a mod for the chip to work on the gamecube ?
- is The pin 29's purpose to trigger the wkf on the gamecube startup menu ?
- What is the purpose of SD gecko ?
- If i configure swiss autoboot, the pin 29 switch will be useless right ?

Sorry in advance if any of these questions have been answered many times ...
Thanks for the help :)

Protobug said:
- Is swiss just another interface of the wkf for the gamecube ? or a mod for the chip to work on the gamecube ?
- is The pin 29's purpose to trigger the wkf on the gamecube startup menu ?
- What is the purpose of SD gecko ?
- If i configure swiss autoboot, the pin 29 switch will be useless right ?

1. It's an interface to flash onto the WKF replacing the stock WKF menu.
2. Yes but, Swiss removes the need of wiring up the pin 29 switch.
3. To use homebrew on the GC and to re-flash the WKF. It's highly recommended to include one even if you don't plan on using homebrew because new version of Swiss always need to be flashed.
4. Swiss comes "pre configured" to autoboot if you want to put it like that but I don't think wording it like that is correct?

Thank you !

- Ok so how does one install sd gecko on a wasp ? i can't find any tutorial ...
- What i meant by auto boot is when you turn on the system, the gc logo comes up and then it directly shows the isos on the sd card. Is it pre configured to boot up like that ?

If i understand correctly, Sd gecko is an sd card in the second memory card slot containing emulatos, games etc.. ?
And to acces thath i need to load via the wkf/swiss menu, an sd media launcher iso ?

The print is done i'll post pictures tonight :) I increased the global thickness of the unit just to be sure i have enough space.

I started looking for some batteries and i found these ones
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-7V-2500-mAh-L ... SwVL1WBQp6

I'll put 6 of them in the console, 2 packs of 3 ( the 3 beeing wired in series) in parallel to have 11.1V and 5000 amps which should give me about 3 hours of gameplays according to th 11.1V current draw.

a bit scared of trying a custom regulator

Don't be scared about custom regulators, just follow the schematics and test them before connecting to your GameCube :)

I don' really know haha :) is it really that much better ?
Because i have enough space for the normal regulator... Isn't the custom one going to draw more juice with such a low voltage ?
And as promised here are the case pics :

Everything seems to fit quite nicely ! I'm waiting to be back home to start modding the controller :)

If you look at the calculations over at zenlocs thread you'll see that it's almost exactly the same as the stock regulator (if just a bit better) and takes longer for the voltage drop to affect the unit (since the GameCube regulator is made for a constant 12v source) which means you'll actually get longer out of the same batteries with zenlocs regs

Back